General
Electronic Devices Are Keeping Your Kid Awake At Bedtime, Study Says

Electronic Devices Are Keeping Your Kid Awake At Bedtime, Study Says

Shared by:

For children and teens, using cell phones, tablets and computers at night is associated with losing sleep time and sleep quality, new research finds. Even children who don't use their phones or the other technologies

healthscienceandtechnology.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

We all know that not in the early times we had in our childhood, the electric devices have got much popular among the little generation. With the evolution that has happen in the recent times, more and more renewed electronic devices have come to the market. I can remember that when I was a child my dream was to buy a bicycle. I am quite sure that it has got changed into a laptop, a tablet, a smart phone or a gaming device. With those electric devices how could a child go to the bed. They will b...
 (Total 111 words)
Kids are kids, we can only enforce things in place as a disciplinary action. But once they cry we as parents have a soft spot for them and always give in. But things can be fixed. Training them to give and take would help them nurture to be better adults in the future. Many kids take things for granted and parents are too soft. That is what i always hear from people. But have you put your thinking caps and think of a solution for this?
Well, personally i do not feel comfortable have electr...
 (Total 155 words)
This is not only a problem of kids, but also of adults. Smartphone, tablets, computer all are parts of our life nowadays. But actually these are misused in most of the time. We mostly spend our time on facebook, chatting, gaming, watching movies etc. Most of these are just an entertainment , not a necessity. But when entertaining materials harm our daily works, it should be avoided. Nowadays, teens as well as adults spend a lot of time on these devices. They go to bed timely, but don't sleep...
 (Total 125 words)
I think this does not only apply to children, but to adults as well. I am actually guilty of this and I haven't stopped the habit of tinkering with my gadgets before I go to sleep. My sleeping hours are so irregular that I can't even tell anymore if there's hardly any difference. Anyway, the most recent operating system of Apple attended to this issue and incorporated a dimmed light version into their software. I am not sure if this makes any difference because I have not achieved an...
 (Total 110 words)
Addiction to electronic devices is a major problem in the growing kids these days. I think something similar to this was discussed earlier on the community. Kids do not fall asleep to bedtime stories anymore. They are not interested in playing with friends or playing with toys as they are with their tablets or smartphones. What's most amusing is kids who just turned 1 or 2 years know how to unlock a smartphone and play the games. Sleep is something kids really need. (After all, childhood is ...
 (Total 115 words)
Fedelic Ashish Toppo, this is true. Gadgets are keeping kids and even adults awake. Watching or browsing through bright screens indeed affect the circadian rhythm. Light emitted from smartphones and tablets stimulate the suprachiasmatic nucleus that in turn inhibits the secretion of melatonin. This leads to delayed sleeping schedules. For children, a concern with this staying-awake-at-night pattern will be delay ...
 (Total 110 words)