General
Pharmacist-led clinics in Singapore

Pharmacist-led clinics in Singapore

Shared by:

Pharmacists are an integral component of the holistic healthcare that a patient receives in Singapore, and there are a number of pharmacist-led clinics locally too. This articles discusses the various pros and cons of these.

today.mims.com

1 Nov 2016 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh thanking for adding your experience on anticoagulant titration and smoking cessation. I hope new treatments that could hopefully come in picture in future. Definitely it i...
 (Total 38 words)
In addition to those, pharmacist can do anti-coagulation clinics - to titrate warfarin for cardiac or vascular patients, they also do smoking cessation clinics. In fact I got my smoking cessation counsellor training from learning from pharmacists who...
 (Total 108 words)
I know that there are clinics led by nurses but not with pharmacist. What a relief and additional support system to the healthcare world. By increasing health clinics, this will ease the burden of doctors having long list waiting patients. Though it ...
 (Total 116 words)
You Yi Hong as you said, it could be definitely a good time to start in Singapore where doctors and nurses packed in pressure cooker. Pharmacist can releive pressure upto some extent by pro...
 (Total 66 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan being pharma background I am happy to share the information about pharmacist led clinics. Definitely Singapore stands as role model for healthcare systems not on...
 (Total 51 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan being pharma background I am happy to share the information about pharmacist led clinics. Definitely Singapore stands as role model for healthcare systems not on...
 (Total 51 words)
 (Total 51 words)
Alan Rosmadi as you told, pharmacist responsibility is going to utilized not only limited to drug dispensing but also to clinical events. That leading to reduced work pressure on physician ...
 (Total 80 words)
It seems like a great idea of having pharmacy-led clinic in some of the niche of medical world. It can hugely lead to improve patient outcome, and in the same time to reduce the doctor’s workload. In pharmacy-led clinic, patients will have more time ...
 (Total 108 words)
Wow! I am quite happy to know that pharmacists are starting to get recognized for their knowledge and skills here in Asian countries. In Western countries, there are already a lot of pharmacist-led ambulatory clinics. Here in Asia however, it’s takin...
 (Total 205 words)
I feel that having a pharmacist around can save a lot of time for other healthcare personnel. They time spent explaining about medication can take some time especially for elderly. As they require more attention and explanation. In hospitals there wi...
 (Total 133 words)
Md Shamim Reza In some regions of India is like that only, pharmacist/compounder will do all things except surgeries. of course they are having experienced but lacking of qualification. The...
 (Total 104 words)
Mark Edmon Tan It facilitates doctors to take care about more patients in addition I want to add. And in well managed situations it reduces the pressure on doctors also. There is no need fo...
 (Total 72 words)
As long as it is drug-related problems, then there should not be an issue. I think that pharmacists will be able to give an extensive explanation of drug use and potential side effects. I think it is a sound move since it encourages patient complianc...
 (Total 113 words)
It may be a good initiative if run successfully. The clinics should be run by skilled and qualified pharmacists only. And they should be conscious about their duty. They are helping hand for doctor, not a replacement. So, if required patients must b...
 (Total 97 words)