General
How long work hours can be especially bad for women's health

How long work hours can be especially bad for women's health

Shared by:

Years of working long hours may help you climb the career ladder, but those hours may take a steep toll on your health — and that's especially true for women, new research says.

www.chicagotribune.com

2 Nov 2016 - General

This is an interesting study. Work-life balance is ideal regardless of the gender. What I particularly found interesting in this article is that it seems to imply that there is a predilection for women towards acquiring the negative health consequences of prolonged working hours than men. One of the authors account this to gender roles, which I somehow agree with, but this really depends on the society where the study was conducted. I think the confounding factors that should be sought out for ...
 (Total 154 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta it is advised asyouu said single parent or orphan girls should try an good relaxing techniques as told by Heena Pohani . They should not be think alone and have to make friends and spend some time with them. I would like to aware wommen of our MIMS team who are packed with work load bout to concentrate on healt...
 (Total 68 words)
Great and interesting article. Prolonged working hours is never a good thing for our mental and physical health. Working long hours can potentially increase our risk of some major medical illness. It can have some detrimental effect of our work-life balance. By contributing most of our time or hours to work, we would not have sufficient time for our hobbies, to do something that we like, and to go for regular exercise. As ...
 (Total 112 words)
Awww. Such a nice article Madhubabu kaaja . Thank you for sharing! Because of this research study i have learned something useful. It only concluded that for women who are single parent they should find time to relax their mind, body and free themselves from stresses. Cause by doing this, amidst all busy schedule, they only give time for the needs of their very own self. Atleast it can lessen the exposure to heart...
 (Total 112 words)
Long working hours and leading an unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle can severely affect anyone's life. However, it is quite informative to read the gender predilection for various disorders in women due to unhealthy lifestyle, especially due to working hard for long duration of time. I definitely agree with the ideas mentioned in this post that there should be a balance between all household responsibilities, work commitments and child care. Single mothers can be more stressed out due to inc...
 (Total 133 words)