General
Liver cancer in the Philippines: A silent epidemic

Liver cancer in the Philippines: A silent epidemic

Shared by:

Liver-associated diseases in the Philippines are all on the rise, some of them are highly attributable to lifestyle practices. Here’s an overview of the “liver diseases epidemic” that’s quietly gripping the country.

today.mims.com

3 Nov 2016 - General

The Filipino lifestyle really make us prone to certain illnesses. With, 10 to 12 percent of the Philippine population (101 million) have liver cancer, it is truly cause for concern. The abuse, misuse and increased intake is hard to control, especiall...
 (Total 130 words)
@[Chih Chiang Neih]I agree avoiding the risk factors and regular check up is the basis implement that should be mass communication as many of them usually forget the importance of health. Bustling and hustling of metropolis is such a burden for Hon...
 (Total 56 words)
Liver cancer, hepato cellular carcinoma in other words, is one of the worst cancers to have even though every cancer is bad to have. Because once someone gets it it deteriorates with an eye blink and spreads rapidly. It can be primary or secondary. I...
 (Total 119 words)
Madhubabu kaaja We can pursue health campaigns for both physicians and patients. We can utilize multiplatform channels (print, mobile, web, CMEs, health fair, medical congress) to reach more...
 (Total 51 words)
Ronald Allan Ponteres in addition to preventive medicine I would like to prefer health education, health awareness and preventive measures which decrases the rate of patients with liver dis...
 (Total 34 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I have seen it is cheap than India about half rate and western lifestyle has more impact on Philippines health. I hope all can aware by this post through Philippines HCPs to...
 (Total 38 words)
Good food and drinks with unmatched hospitality is what the Philippines is known for. Filipinos are fond of celebrating occasions that trace to the Spanish and American culture infusion. We can consume more alcohol regularly in the Philippines becaus...
 (Total 134 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh yes, liver cirrhosis triggered cancer cases found more. Chronic alcoholics prone to liver diseases. Contaminated blood and infected body secretions are cause Hepatitis B. ...
 (Total 70 words)
I absolutely agree with Md Shamim Reza. Liver cancer is usually preceded by cirrhosis of liver. The only exception is in hepatitis B which can skip the step of cirrhosis and straight away lead to hepatocellular carcinoma. The most common causes of l...
 (Total 185 words)
Tahira Nawaz yes lifestyle alcohol abuse is one of cause for liver diseases. Manufacturing, import, export and consumption should be prohibited. Countries like Pakistan, Saudi, Kuwait had b...
 (Total 29 words)
Md Shamim Reza world is suffering from alcoholism and mortality rate is 50 percent only and being direct cause for road accident dealths. Phillipines of MIMS community can answer about cur...
 (Total 46 words)
In Philippines the liver diseases are more increasing than expected and it is observed that lifestyle has great impact on the increases of these diseases. The most common diseases are fatty liver diseases, hepatitis B and C infections, liver cirrhosi...
 (Total 110 words)
Liver cancer is usually preceded by cirrhosis of liver. The most common causes of liver cirrhosis are chronic hepatitis B &C, alcoholic liver disease and some hepatotoxins. The hepatitis B and C can even lead to hepatocellular carcinoma silently ...
 (Total 110 words)