General
Rapunzel syndrome is no fairy tale: Hairballs found in woman’s stomach

Rapunzel syndrome is no fairy tale: Hairballs found in woman’s stomach

Shared by:

Far from the tale of the long-haired heroine, Rapunzel syndrome describes a rare condition of digestive tract obstruction caused by mindless eating of hair.

today.mims.com

3 Nov 2016 - General

Habiba Twakkol this is the reason why they need a support from their loved ones. To encourage them and as well as to treat them from their illness.
 (Total 28 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta
Psychological Effects – Trichotillomania will have a tremendous impact on your mental health, particularly if it is left untreated. Some of the psychological effect...
 (Total 107 words)
It seems a rare disease about which identified 88 cases so far. People with intellectual disabilities and certain psychiatric disorders are prone for developing Rapunzel syndrome, where hairs the person has eaten become tangled and trapped in their s...
 (Total 56 words)
Well the question that I have is slightly different. Why would a person who compulsively ingests hair not get alarmed when symptoms of indigestion like excessive weight loss, constipation and a bloated tummy happens. I mean, she surely must have fe...
 (Total 105 words)
I have never heard about this disease named as “Rapunzel Syndrome” being a very rare disease. There are about 89 cases of Rapunzel Syndrome up till today and the first case was observed in 1968. Basically, it is psychological disorder in which patien...
 (Total 115 words)
Have you heard of a "Rapunzel Syndrome?" Another day, another medical horror with a cute name. Occasionally, women experiencing abdominal pain go to the hospital to find that there are dark masses in their stomach. W...
 (Total 201 words)