General
Healthcare professionals: Useful courses outside of healthcare to consider for further development

Healthcare professionals: Useful courses outside of healthcare to consider for further development

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals not only need to constantly update their knowledge and technical skills, but also develop soft skills such as communications and social media marketing.

today.mims.com

3 Nov 2016 - General

There are many useful courses or diploma or even a master degree that can help career development and progression for healthcare professionals. I agree that the computer programming, social media marketing and communication skill course are useful for career progression. Apart from that, diploma or master degree in clinical education, healthcare management, and clinical research can be valuable for healthcare professionals who wish to venture into different area of medicine. Completing the healt...
 (Total 108 words)
I agree that communication skills and computer programming can help a healthcare professional to further his knowledge in the health sciences. However, I don't agree that we should take a course in social media marketing. For one, I am against commercializing medical practice. I believe that this is one of the reasons why the perception about the healthcare industry has evolved greatly from how it was before. The medical industry is becoming a market of skills - - which I don't think sho...
 (Total 134 words)
This is the reason why hospitals conducts trainings, seminars, and conference for their staffs. This is to update the knowlegde of their employees and as well as to improve the skills that they possessed. I agree to Priscilla Mae Gobuyan that continuous learning is about further expanding our skill-set in response to a changing environment and new developments. This is very important because we are called to resp...
 (Total 130 words)
Learning is a continuos process, indeed a lifelong learning. Learning basic courses outside your profession is simply amazing. Just imagine how impressive and knwoledgeable you are and not just limited to your field. Making use of your given gifts such as acquiring new information will not just make you that competitive but also it will increase your self confidence. These courses are accessible online at a very affordable rate so better grab it. Also you can use this in the future as an additio...
 (Total 92 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Learning new things always gives good mood to react in all troubles in addition to relief from current job. THis articles touched three major tings 1. Programming 2. FB marketing 3. Communication skills. All are useful at any point of time one can work part time with this 3 new courses. I would like to thank you or sharing a good article stuffed well. I can advice all who are felling l...
 (Total 96 words)
Getting courses or additional skills and certifications outside of the health care field is a good idea, especially if such courses would align with your future goals. Or you can just learn about something new on the side for fun or for personal growth. The additional courses mentioned here are quite useful, especially now that the internet has taken the world (and the health care profession) by storm. I’d like to add also that certain business courses would be useful, as well as management cour...
 (Total 109 words)