General
Top questions to prepare for, that the carer of a mental patient would ask

Top questions to prepare for, that the carer of a mental patient would ask

Shared by:

Caring for a loved one with mental illness is not easy. Doctors should be prepared to address common questions and concerns that the carers of mental patients are likely to surface.

today.mims.com

4 Nov 2016 - General

It is not easy to have family with mental problems. I have an aunt who is sick and when my grandparents were alive, they devoted their life to being her primary carer, until they got sick and eventually passed away. Initially she was being cared for by my aunt, but she wasn't as strong willed and patient as my grandparents, so we took her into a private care facility. Now I have another story, my sister got depressed in the middle of highschool, and because of this she had to leave school an...
 (Total 236 words)
Despite psychiatric and mental health issues are usually due to scientifically known reasons that can be treated like any other disease, the patients need vary unique and sensitive care that suits each one individually. The precipitated stigma is still destructive on large scale that puts an obligation on the doctors’ shoulders to control its picture inside the patients’ minds first through giving them the right answers to the every question wandering in their minds. Doctors’ words are very crit...
 (Total 113 words)