General
Doctor embroiled in corruption scandal appointed to lead international medical body

Doctor embroiled in corruption scandal appointed to lead international medical body

Shared by:

The appointment of Ketan Desai as president of the World Medical Association came against a backdrop of allegations of corruption and mired controversy in the healthcare circle.

today.mims.com

4 Nov 2016 - General

Its hard to form an informed opinion regarding this news article because I have no working knowledge of what transpired in his previous allegations for corruption. However, I think that he might be a very good administrator being elected to a prestigious position despite his previous legal cases. I just hope that he lives up to the title since it will affect the lives of a lot of people worldwide. To Community members who hail from India, can you share some insights about the previous cases of t...
 (Total 104 words)
The article asked, "Is corruption in healthcare becoming more widespread?" The truth is, corruption is everywhere. In the government, it is almost banal for the smallest officer to the top brass, to engage in various degrees of corruption. In private companies, corruption exists in all kinds of forms, too. In the case of healthcare professionals, I wouldn't say that people would be totally exempt. That it is widespread, does not mean it is okay, but the reality is that it is everyw...
 (Total 198 words)