General
Worrying about your health 'increases the risk of heart disease'

Worrying about your health 'increases the risk of heart disease'

Shared by:

Worrying about your health may actually increase the risk of heart disease, new research has found. A study of 7,000 people over 12 years showed that those who fret about their health are around 70% more likely to develop heart disease. The Norwegian research also showed that those fit and healthy people with the highest levels of ‘health anxiety’ were the most likely to suffer from a fatal heart attack.

www.standard.co.uk

5 Nov 2016 - General

Worrying to your health is like stressing your body over something. Everyone knows that keeping stress levels low is an important component of a healthy lifestyle. Managing stress can have all sorts of positive effects on your health, like lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which can lead to a decrease in risk of heart disease. After a person experiences an intense emotional event, stress hormones (such as adrenaline) are released into the body. Stress hormones usually help the body...
 (Total 151 words)
This is actually true and I have personally experienced that. There are people who are very afraid of diseases.They are afraid that thy will get an heart attack, and this fear makes them be extra cautious. They eat healthy, exercise regularly, regularly get themselves checked. But guess what. At the end these kind of people get heart attacks even earlier than others who did not bother to think about their health. I think when someone is constantly stressed, there is increased chemical activity i...
 (Total 117 words)