General
Practical tips for nurses: Removing uniform stains

Practical tips for nurses: Removing uniform stains

Shared by:

One problem nurses have to deal with after their shift ends is cleaning soiled scrubs or uniforms. It's quite inconvenient to have blood, vomit or even ink stains on clothing but these are hazards of the job. Here are MIMS' practical tips to remove stains.

today.mims.com

5 Nov 2016 - General

Work stains are always hard to deal with. I wear scrubs when I have surgical cases because I do not like dirtying my white coat, and sometimes blood splatters on the scrubs and it's so tough to remove. This is a very helpful article, thanks. In the dental clinic, the hardest to deal with are sodium hypochlorite (bleach) which we use for root canals, because if you're not careful and you splatter on a dark clothing material, bye-bye bleached clothing. Then another thing I hate the most, e...
 (Total 127 words)
Such an helpful tips for us nurses. I should keep this in mind for future use! Thank you for sharing this article Madhubabu kaaja ! There was a time that i uses detergent and bleaching liquid which causes me to have another new set of scrub suit. It is really difficult to get blood stains from scrub suit. Because, I did sit Lime/Lemon to my scrub suit stain overnight, but unfortunately it is not effective as it wo...
 (Total 126 words)
I can just imagine the difficulty of doing laundry if nurses encounter such stains everyday on their scrub suits. From blood to various body excretions to stains from the usual everyday items like ink stains and coffee, a nurse must always be ready with a replacement scrub suit whenever the need arises. Also, the tips mentioned in this article are quite helpful. Vinegar and baking soda are great natural resources, while other remedies also include immediately washing off the stain when possible....
 (Total 108 words)
Madhubabu kaaja You have shared a very comprehensive guide in removing stains depending on the cause. Thank you for this article. As a resident in the hospital, I also encounter the same issues with my white coat and pants. The most common culprits for me are coffee and ballpen ink. I have once read that blood and soy sauce should be washed with fabric turned inside out. The rationale behind is to flush the stain ...
 (Total 122 words)
Madhubabu kaaja You have shared a very comprehensive guide in removing stains depending on the cause. Thank you for this article. As a resident in the hospital, I also encounter the same issues with my white coat and pants. The most common culprits for me are coffee and ballpen ink. I have once read that blood and soy sauce should be washed with fabric turned inside out. The rationale behind is to flush the stain ...
 (Total 122 words)