General
Leading the countdown to patient safety

Leading the countdown to patient safety

Shared by:

Building a culture of patient safety is a lot like space flight, in that key lessons can be learnt from disasters, writes Lloyd Mudiwa

www.imt.ie

5 Nov 2016 - General

Unfortunately, I couldn't access the entire article because it requires an account. Nevertheless, patient safety is the primary goal of every health care provider. In medicine, there is an old adage that holds true until today, "Primum non nocere - First, do no harm". I'm certain that no healthcare provider wants to harm their patients. However, in real practice there are a range of medical errors that can happen. I think the best way to work around this is to perform a root-ca...
 (Total 105 words)
In my point of view, despite all the known power of modern medicine to cure illnesses, hospitals were not safe places for healing. Instead, they were places fraught with risk of patient harm. One important response to this realization has been the growth of interest in patient safety. The patient's perspective ought to be a key component of any quality improvement strategy. Quality from the patient's perspective includes relief of symptoms, improvement in health status, safety and freed...
 (Total 123 words)
Patient safety is a very important issue in each healthcare system around the world. As we know, any mistake can happen when we are working in a busy and potentially stressful environment. Some of the morbidity and mortality in hospital are preventable!!! Every time when mistake happen leading to the compromise of patient safety, a full review of the event should be taken place. This is not to encourage a “blaming culture”, but should be seen as a learning process. The reasons or events that ...
 (Total 135 words)