General

Aerobic exercise boosts testosterone in obese men!

Created by:

5 Nov 2016 - General

As men age, the testosterone levels in the blood decreases gradually. It causes several physical and behavioural changes. They experience weight gain and there will be a risk of pathological fractures due to decreased bone density. They are more prone to get depression in their later life. A reduced sex drive is also a main problem due to reduced testosterone levels. A new study has revealed that a 12 week aerobic exercise increases the testosterone levels in the blood of obese or overweight people. It is tested and confirmed that the increased physical activity is the main reason for the increased hormone levels not the weight loss. And this will improve the mentioned changes too.

Regular exercise is good for our body. It is great to know that aerobic exercise can boosts testosterone as well!!! Having a sufficient level of testosterone is very important for our mental and physical health. Exercise will have a lot of health-re...
 (Total 115 words)
Thanks for the comments. Yes of course not only the others, but sometimes when we talk about sex hormones, unintentionally something comes into our minds which are related to the sex drive. I guess that comes with the name these hormone group has bee...
 (Total 114 words)
Well, since we are talking about testosterone, let me give some suggestions.
1. if you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone levels, overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin wi...
 (Total 208 words)
We do not give much importance to sex hormones because we feel that the only thing they have to do is keeping the sexual function in check. But sex hormones really does much more than we think it does. Just today I was doing a presentation on osteopo...
 (Total 104 words)