General
Earning respect from others as a young healthcare professional

Earning respect from others as a young healthcare professional

Shared by:

Young doctors might be subjected to certain prejudices from more senior colleagues as well as patients, but should not let such stereotypes get them down.

today.mims.com

6 Nov 2016 - General

As a young physician, expose yourself to more opportunities using traditional and innovative learning. For the senior physicians, impart to the juvenile ones what you have acquired during your formative years and adapt to the changing setting of medi...
 (Total 77 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, points mentioned in the article are very beneficial and anyone in any field can follow them to gain the of others.
The...
 (Total 111 words)
Very similar to our discussion back in June http://community.mims.com/general/10647/you-look-too-young-to-be-a-doctor. People tend to have a misconception that all doctor's are in their 40s and that those in their 20s are just students when reali...
 (Total 94 words)
When a healthcare professional or even anyone who is just climbing the initial steps of his career, it is important for him or her to take care of many things. Those mentioned in this post are quite true and every fresher HCP should pay attention to ...
 (Total 106 words)
Oh I remember being a young dentist. I do not feel as young anymore, I don't know when that feeling went away, but I remember being young and being very careful. I agree with all the points discussed here. While you can argue discrimination and p...
 (Total 129 words)
Earning a respect from others is quite hard especially when other health care professional has this mindset that "this generation is less dedication and hardworking". However, if this is the view of others, as a young medical professional y...
 (Total 103 words)
To a certain extent we have to understand why senior medical professionals feel that younger doctors are less hardworking. During their time, technology is not yet advanced, and it was more difficult for them to study medicine, diagnose and treat pat...
 (Total 154 words)
The public concern is that the doctors are living gods. So they respect the doctors much because they are the ones who give their second lives. I remember the few first days in my carrier as a doctor, most of our senior doctors scolded and insulted u...
 (Total 110 words)