General
Are energy bars good for running?

Are energy bars good for running?

Shared by:

Are energy bars good for running? Find out if energy bars are good for running and other nutrition tips.

health.howstuffworks.com

6 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto Thank you for sharing your thoughts about energy bars. I agree that it is better to keep one handy because we are prone to making poor diet choices when hunger sets in. In the workplace, we will often be tempted to reach for sugar-rich food because it is easy to eat. Keeping an energy bar within reach at the desk or bag prevents us from making repeated horrible dietary choices. I like energy...
 (Total 130 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Interesting. I have not heard of soaking nuts overnight until you gave this tip. I came across an article about soaking almonds overnight. This practice actually increases the nutrient content of nuts and makes them easier to chew. Sprouting is another practice where almonds are soaked overnight and rinsed. Then it is placed on a covered lid inside the refrigerator. It generally takes 1-3 days for ...
 (Total 98 words)
Energy bars are always good to have around. I have that here in the clinic because on a very busy day of back-to-back appointments, I sometimes do not have time for a proper meal. An energy bar helps me go through because I'd rather go on with work and have a proper meal when I'm all done and can really breathe. When I go to the gym, in between patients, I often take an energy bar and it works quite well. I like energy bars with a little chocolate because it really helps to pick me up, r...
 (Total 112 words)
I found this article quite interesting because energy bars are among my favorite snacks. Aside that they're very tasty, convenient to eat and fun to munch on, energy bars are also healthy. I usually have one to give me a quick energy boost. before I head out for a run. It has a low glycemic index which is ideal for people who exercise so as not to send their blood sugar levels on a roller-coaster ride. When I don't have much time to sit down to eat lunch, energy bars has always been a st...
 (Total 135 words)