General
The challenges of treating transgender patients

The challenges of treating transgender patients

Shared by:

Transgender is basically an umbrella term that is used for individuals with gender identification different from the gender given to them during their birth. They face several challenges as far as health care is concerned due to their specific unique needs.

today.mims.com

7 Nov 2016 - General

Rajinda Asalage as you said dealing with transgenders is difficult especially examing reproductive systems aliments we may encounter problem of physical signs. How we can deal them better t...
 (Total 31 words)
Well. It is a real challenge. There are lots of patients they present with the problems of the urinary tract, and the genitals. After being an transgender the normal structure of the genital area is disturbed and most of the time the transgender peop...
 (Total 109 words)
Madhubabu kaaja I think there should be a separate protocol for people who are on hormonal treatments for gender dysphoria and for those who underwent gender reassignment surgery. Although t...
 (Total 126 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Are you asking about the indications on gender reassignment surgery? At present, I know that the only indication for this controversial treatment is gender dysphoria. In Man...
 (Total 138 words)
Habiba Twakkol Thanking you for your opinion on the topic of transgenders. Many of the public dint know what the fact is. We should do some research on them for disease management to provid...
 (Total 53 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan God created Male and Female genders. Due to birth deformitiesand social causes to change are may be reasons for 3rd gender or mixed genders. There is seperate protocol...
 (Total 69 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, transgender cases should be reached to medicine student so they don't surprise when facing their cases in the work fie...
 (Total 123 words)
The battle of each transgender has been ongoing for years. I have to agree with most of the people here recommending to have a sort of protocol specifically to these group of people. This is some kind of a discrimination and disrespect. They are just...
 (Total 142 words)
I agree with the opinions of Marinelle Castro and Alan Rosmadi that specific protocols should be built up for transgender popula...
 (Total 134 words)
Alan Rosmadi I am positive to your feeling. Including hospital protocol, a national or regional protocol should be prepared and updated regularly by Ministry of Health with a panel team tha...
 (Total 44 words)
I feel that every hospital should come up with a gender specific protocol and provide a guideline to answers to all the points stated ion the article. The best solution is not to discriminate them, by not providing the proper care that they need, med...
 (Total 142 words)
Md Shamim Reza As you said the gender identification is not accurate at early age and moreover medicine and pharma subjects are out of the subjected trend. I have not seen any transgender w...
 (Total 47 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto We are ready for patient care of any. We are not gender specific but we are health and wellness management specific. We should empathize for transgenders needs but som...
 (Total 49 words)
Jennifer Winter Marinelle Castro Thanking both for being valued community members for this discussion. As you said that both me...
 (Total 41 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan There are several reasons behind sn increased transgender number in our community. Till now our curriculum not covering this particular subject. I am agreeing wi...
 (Total 57 words)
Marinelle Castro as you said there is no identity and protocol for transgenders. I am ok about considering human for treatment but more clear schedules needed for therapy or diagnosis. Yes,...
 (Total 49 words)
Aside from the lack of protocols and reference values for transgenders, there is also confusion on what standard of care means for them. Transgenders should be recognized and treated with respect, just like any other human being. I think that a thera...
 (Total 124 words)