General
Debunking the link between joint-cracking and arthritis

Debunking the link between joint-cracking and arthritis

Shared by:

For some, joint cracking is a nervous habit; for others the sensation brings relief from stiffness. But is there actually a link between cracking one’s joints and arthritis?

today.mims.com

7 Nov 2016 - General

Cracking joint is a habit of many people. Many people do it just as refreshment, many do it like an obsession. When I was a child I had the habit of cracking joints. I could produce the cracking sound in my great toes hundreds of time continuously. There was a competition among my school friends, who can produce maximum number of sounds. However, I was told later that it is harmful. I gave up the habit then. But still I subconsciously do it sometimes.
I think it may not be harmful if done o...
 (Total 111 words)
Cracking joints means bending person's joints to produce a distinct cracking or popping sound, often followed by a feeling of satisfaction or relaxation to the person. Unfortunately, I have this habit to crack my fingers, toes and knees. Many get annoyed and others keep telling me that this is bad for my joints. However, I feel my joints more free and relieved after doing it! Of course, there sometimes the joints become tender and painful when they are cracked many times within short period....
 (Total 146 words)