General
The rare species: Regulatory pharmacist, poison centre pharmacist, and pharmacoeconomist

The rare species: Regulatory pharmacist, poison centre pharmacist, and pharmacoeconomist

Shared by:

Pharmacy has progressed impressively since its establishment as an independent profession. Here are three non-traditional, rarely-known career paths for pharmacists.

today.mims.com

7 Nov 2016 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan there are other fields that can pharmacist occupy like clinical pharmacist.
Clinical pharmacists work directly with physicians, other health professionals, and patients to ensure that the medications prescribed for patients contribute to the best possible health outcomes. Clinical pharmacists practice in health care settings where they have frequent and regular interactions with ph...
 (Total 162 words)
With increasing healthcare needs the healthcare professions are flourishing with the time to time in accordance with requirements of the time. Pharmacy profession has also progressed very impressively and provided better health care services as an independent profession. Recently three new and rare non-traditional career pathways have been introduced as a part of pharmacist’s career. It has extended the pharmacist’s vision beyond store keeper and drug stockist. Regulatory pharmacists, poison cen...
 (Total 122 words)
Pharmacy encompasses a lot of different aspects. In school, we learn a little about everything, be it pharmaco-economics, toxicology ad even accounting, then later on develop ourselves more in the field we want to pursue. For those who want to know more about what a pharmacist can do, this article talks about some “off the beaten path” specializations in the Pharmacy profession. Among those mentioned here, I like Toxicology the most. I remember showing a couple of episodes of CSI when I was teac...
 (Total 113 words)