General
What is it like to be allergic to the touch of water?

What is it like to be allergic to the touch of water?

Shared by:

Aquagenic urticaria affects approximately just one in 230 million individuals and its rarity poses great challenges in the search for an effective and affordable treatment.

today.mims.com

7 Nov 2016 - General

That is true Alan Rosmadi . Unlike us, we can do and enjoy water, beaches, falls etc. how long we like. Actually, I never knew that this kind of disease ever existed. Until, i read this article. This is such a sad story for the girl who have a restricted or limited water activity. I know that whoever would know about her situation , would definitely wish her the best. We are all looking forward for the effective ...
 (Total 90 words)
It is such a sad thing for this lady to be diagnosed with something that all of us have took advantaged of for years throughout our lives. We shower and drink and not thinking how precious it was, unlike Rachel Warwick who could only enjoy a shower once a week and needs to avoid herself from her own tears. How is that even possible to build no emotions towards things and person. Such tragedy would be so harsh on an innocent person like her. And to know that it started since she wad 12, breaks m...
 (Total 138 words)
Have you heard of a disease that being allergic to water? Yes, you read it right. Aquagenic urticaria or water allergy (being allergic to water) is a typical form of physical Hives that is caused when the person comes in contact with the water. This may often be associated with pain and itchiness. This may appear without any external agents or due to the water temperature. Aquagenic urticaria or water allergy is found more in women as compared to men. However, even juvenile patients have increas...
 (Total 176 words)