General
Strange Things We Do at Night...

Strange Things We Do at Night...

Shared by:

From teeth grinding to leg twitching, our bodies do strange things while we sleep. Why do they...

www.lifescript.com

8 Nov 2016 - General

Md Shamim Reza It is always a treat when someone who has a good mastery of the topic shares his/her thoughts. Thank you for sharing thoughts from an internal medicine standpoint. I agree that simple muscle twitching in the form of myoclonus can be physiologic while about to fall asleep and during the early phases of sleeping. It is called hypnic myoclonus. Another example of physiologic myoclonus is one of our to...
 (Total 149 words)
Prarsomnias are a type of sleep disorder. Simple muscle twitching or grinding is not a problem. But breathing difficulty during sleep in the form if sleep apnoea is a problem indeed. It may make you sleepy at daytime and hampers daily life. So it require treatment. Restless leg syndrome, nightwalking, speaking during sleep are some other problem related to sleep. If become severe, treatment is required for sleep disorder. Mild form of parasomnia may be managed by establishing a sound environmen...
 (Total 103 words)
None of the things listed here apply to me. However, I do have difficulty falling asleep sometimes. I guess the more I use my phone before going to bed, the longer it takes for me to be able to sleep. I have resorted to counting sheep, being conscious of my breathing, counting backwards, singing a song in my head over and over again out of desperation. What I haven't though tried are sleeping pills. I don't think I have reached that state where I need to be treated medically...or I just ...
 (Total 134 words)