General
Why is it getting increasingly important for doctors to look after their own health?

Why is it getting increasingly important for doctors to look after their own health?

Shared by:

Doctors devote much of their time to take care of others, but few doctors seek help when they are unwell.

today.mims.com

8 Nov 2016 - General

Of course it is much needed. Doctors work so long. They do not have even a lunch hour which is a popular relief for workers. They are bound to work at any time. So most of the time they fail to find some time to think about their own health. The doct...
 (Total 107 words)
All healthcare professionals should strive to look after their own health. I agree with the observation that a lot of healthcare providers opt not to go to the hospital whenever they are sick. I'm actually guilty about this and I also tend to man...
 (Total 126 words)
Doctors usually prioritizes their patients over their health. However, it is also a must that doctors should treat themselves with stuffs that can enjoy them. Doctors should know how to manage their stresses in a beautiful way. Just like mentioned, i...
 (Total 103 words)
Thank you Mahmoud AbdelAziz for posting this article. I think every doctor will definitely relate to it very well. The medical profession is getting stressful and it is getting immensely im...
 (Total 163 words)
Doctors giving preferences to patient health rather than their health. Especially the disease affecting all people irrespective of healthcare or IT or any field. Stress at work, food habbits and night shift work and other several factors that effect ...
 (Total 81 words)
Tahira Nawaz has highlighted another vital point is the depression healthcare workers experience during training and practice. The heavy duties and the high expectations put on our shoulde...
 (Total 118 words)
I agree with you Md Shamim Reza . There are really many healthcare workers who choose to endure their sickness and go to work in the sake of both treating the patients and helping their col...
 (Total 108 words)
I believe a healthcare professional must have a perfect health to meet the requirements of its patients. And in my views, the health of a medical professional or doctor has a deep impact on his/her job because an ill and stressful doctor cannot make ...
 (Total 123 words)
All points raised here are true for many doctors. Overworked and often too busy, sometimes they have no time for hobbies, relaxation, socialization--and much worse, they have no time for family and friends so all the stresses weigh heavily due to the...
 (Total 148 words)
Medical profession is full of stress, both physically and mentally. Attending continuous flow of patients, providing treatments and follow up all are stressful works. Especially at night shift, it become difficult to concentrate at the last hours. In...
 (Total 117 words)
Working in the medical field is a challenging and stressful profession. While making care for our patient our priority, we should understand that we can be susceptible to health problems ourselves. Although the common belief that doctors are usually ...
 (Total 129 words)