General
5% of medical students practice invasive clinical procedures on themselves in New Zealand

5% of medical students practice invasive clinical procedures on themselves in New Zealand

Shared by:

A survey from Otago University medical school revealed that some students practice procedures from taking blood to suturing without clinical supervision on each other, using pilfered equipment.

today.mims.com

8 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro: back in undergrad, nursing, we had to perform return demos for blood extraction and injections (IM, ID, SQ). Of course we had to practice before hand or we would get a fai...
 (Total 141 words)
Jennifer Winter I would have to admit that before I took my internship as a medical technologist, I practiced phlebotomy on myself. Perhaps the most extreme that I ever did was do an ABG o...
 (Total 128 words)
I just stumbled over this article and realized something about medicine here in the Philippines. Though I never practiced suturing on myself or my peers (as I only practiced back in med school on chicken or pork) I could say that blood drawing and IV...
 (Total 115 words)