General
5 Things You Should Tell Your Doctor, No Matter How Embarrassing

5 Things You Should Tell Your Doctor, No Matter How Embarrassing

Shared by:

Stinky smells. Unbearable itching. Foreign objects in foreign places. Here are five embarrassing medical problems you should never hide from your doctor.

www.lifehack.org

9 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto Unfortunately, the Filipino culture produced shy individuals, even in consult. Consults here are quite different too because the patient is accompanied by members of t...
 (Total 114 words)
I really think that if you got yourself into the doctor's office, you might as well go for it and do what you came there for. Some people put off going to the doctor because they do not want go through the embarrassing revelations, so they do ano...
 (Total 157 words)
Rajinda Asalage It really takes experience to take a good history. One will earn a patient's trust if the patient feels a genuine intention of the doctor to listen to the complaint and ...
 (Total 128 words)
Most of the times the patient tend to hide the history not all the history but some important facts which are crucial to go for a diagnosis if they are missed. Most of the time they hide them to not to be embarrassed and sometimes they do not have a ...
 (Total 102 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta The scenario you mentioned is really common in our country. Usually it turns out they are pregnant! Or its an ectopic pregnancy. This lie is so common that we have to d...
 (Total 149 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Yes, unplanned pregnancy is one of the most common medical concerns that patients hide. It is understandable since it may really lead to complicated and awkward situatio...
 (Total 127 words)
Since here in our country, being pregnant at young age is not that acceptable. Just like what i have experienced during my duty days. There's this young teenager , 18 years old and she have this complaint of right lower quadrant pain and it is ra...
 (Total 153 words)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding this matter, Tahira Nawaz. I agree that the social and personal history of a patient should not be withheld from the knowledge of his attending...
 (Total 127 words)
It is always advised to the patients that they must not hide anything regarding their ailment from the doctor. An accurate prescription requires a complete and accurate history of disease to make a perfect diagnosis. I have seen the patients who hide...
 (Total 107 words)
It is a physician's duty to extract a thorough history and conduct a complete physical examination for every patient that he encounters. In the same way, patients should trust their doctors and not withhold important information because every bit...
 (Total 101 words)