General
Episode 4, Series 4, Trust Me, I'm a Doctor - Which is better – running on a treadmill or outdoors? - BBC Two

Episode 4, Series 4, Trust Me, I'm a Doctor - Which is better – running on a treadmill or outdoors? - BBC Two

Shared by:

We settle the old argument: outdoors running has the edge...

www.bbc.co.uk

9 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Yes, I tried jogging around the campus too then I realized something. As you have said, the fear of being mugged is real. You cannot even slip in earphones when jogging outdoors because it may attract the attention of muggers. Drivers in the Philippines do not really respect the pedestrian's right of way, even inside the campus with a speed limit of 20kph. We also have to factor in pollution ...
 (Total 134 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Yeah, I agree with you. I used to enjoy running around the University soccer field back when I was a student! But I won't advise the same thing if its unsafe. Sadly we don't have a lot of parks wherein people can jog without worrying of being mugged or meeting an accident. For those people who do not have time to go to the gym (because its too far and its traffic), I would suggest indoor e...
 (Total 112 words)
Coming from a third world country like the Philippines, I would always advise my patients that it is a better option to just take the treadmill over running outdoors. This is for the simple reason that it is not safe to run around this country unless you live in a private subdivision or you go a university with an area for joggers to do their daily exercise such as that in UP/UST/Ateneo. Chances are you either get mugged or killed in the streets. It is a sad reality but this has been an old issu...
 (Total 126 words)