General
Don't Let Foot Cramps and Charley Horses Slow You Down

Don't Let Foot Cramps and Charley Horses Slow You Down

Shared by:

7 causes and remedies for foot cramps and charley horses

health.clevelandclinic.org

9 Nov 2016 - General

Theekshana Abayawickrama My eyes popped when I saw your comment haha Thank you for pointing out the typo. Oh yes active stretching works if you do not want to make an effort in the middle of the night :)) Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan My first advice would still ensure being hydrated because your hydration status affects the amniotic...
 (Total 142 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Thanks for this article, and for the tips in the comments too! I just wanted to ask, are these tips also applicable to leg and foot cramps during pregnancy? I’m in my third trimester (8th month) and experience cramping during prolonged sitting. Sometimes, I also wake up in the middle of the night with a painful cramp in one of my legs. I do try to keep hydrated but at night I take in less water sin...
 (Total 103 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Haha I did doubt for a second if you really meant FLEX there! :D Because at the moment I can't think of anything more painful than flexing a cramped toe :) Yeah about having a pinch of salt, I think the science behind that should be replacement of electrolytes but it does not work acutely for cramps. Maybe it does reduce the chance of you getting a second cramp and waking up in the middle of th...
 (Total 112 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Oh my I just realized a typo haha it should have been stretch and rest. haha. The most important part is to actively stretch the toe or calf first by drawing the feet and toes towards you in a long sitting or supine position. This tip is very useful when you wake up in the middle of the night having cramps. Then use a towel to stretch further. Hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds to r...
 (Total 164 words)
STRETCH AND FLEX! Those two foot actions will easily get rid of toe cramps in seconds. To avoid crampy feet and legs, always keep hydrated. Drink the daily recommended amount of water. It is also good to eat bananas to restore potassium in our body. Prolonged sitting can also cause cramps so it won't hurt to walk around once in a while in the office to stimulate blood circulation in our lower extremities. Before heading out for a run or doing some weight lifting in the gym, it is always advi...
 (Total 112 words)