General
Becoming a Diabetes Nurse Educator in the PH

Becoming a Diabetes Nurse Educator in the PH

Shared by:

During the past decades, a paradigm shift has been moving the treatment focus of diabetes from a clinically-controlled setting to a more diverse, team-oriented set up with high emphasis on education. Diabetes Nurse Educators are at the core of the team, teaching and guiding diabetic patients into living quality lives amidst the chronic disease.

today.mims.com

9 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro India is capital for world diabetes and stands in world top 3 position with 50 millions diseased and a 100% increased growth rate observed from past 15 years. Lifestyle changes is the sane cause for diabetes for age below 35 years. Early screening, increased access to health care services, affordable diagnosis and treatment and patient empowerment for self-management are also vital components of ...
 (Total 71 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I request you all to read it as Philippines which is a typographical error made by me and the word pad which is provided to us unable to identify spelling mistakes which typed in CAPS LOCK, of course Ms word too. As a part of corrective action, I reported to site admin to correct error, if possible they will correct it. You can consult a popular diabetic hospital or nursing institution for mor...
 (Total 102 words)
Diabetes is a growing problem in our country. I agree that urbanization is a major contributory factor. Ten years ago, when you go to the provinces, you won't see any fast food restaurants. These days every where you go there are malls and fast food stores. I am actually concerned that these changes can also give rise to increasing number of obesity and cardiovascular diseases. In the West, obesity is an epidemic. Child obesity is also becoming a public health concern. This is worrisome beca...
 (Total 131 words)
I guess you mispelled the name of our country Philippines Madhubabu kaaja. Please don't be offended. Anyway, i actually don't know that this kind of job is existing. I am glad that there are some organizations who give nurses an opportunity to continue to pratice our field of expertise. I really find this Diabetes Nurse Educator helpful since you monitor the patient closely and gives patient the opportunit...
 (Total 116 words)
Diabetes is becoming more common in the Philippines in the last decades that need a shift toward better treatment strategies. Therefore it is a positive sign that in the Philippines there has been a paradigm shift in the treatment of diabetes from clinically controlled settings to more diverse and team-oriented set up with more education regarding patient conditions. Diabetes Nurse Educators are an integral part of the team that will be set up for treatment and counseling of diabetic patients. I...
 (Total 114 words)