General
The story of warfarin: From cattle killer to rat poison to humanity’s most cherished drug

The story of warfarin: From cattle killer to rat poison to humanity’s most cherished drug

Shared by:

Every pharmacist knows warfarin and what is it used for. However, not all are aware of its remarkable history of discovery: how warfarin was first used as a rodenticide before its anticoagulant property was discovered and utilised to treat patients.

today.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

HT WEE good to see you with a warfarin clinic, but are you having now or not. I willl agree with you being warfarin has limitations it be as a best anticoagulant. Thanking you for your comm...
 (Total 37 words)
I had the chance to run a warfarin clinic in my workplace and till date I don't think any of the other newer medications are more cost effective than warfarin. Yes, true enough that warfarin is with limitations, but same goes to the other newer o...
 (Total 117 words)
Tahira Nawaz Thanking for your comments on this topic, as you told warfarin is history which is invented by Karl Paul. We know warfarin as best anticoagulant buy it application is having so...
 (Total 48 words)
Warfarin is the most common anticoagulant being used on large scale and it has a great history from rodenticide to clinical practices in human. Warfarin has been proved very effective medication as an anticoagulant but it is not without significant s...
 (Total 102 words)