General
Quack doctors in India being trained to minimise risk of patient harm

Quack doctors in India being trained to minimise risk of patient harm

Shared by:

In a country that now has more quack doctors than real ones, it is impossible to crack down on all the fraudsters. Thus, India is trying to give them basic medical training.

today.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

The statement is itself a paradox. If it is impossible to crack down on all the fraudsters and quacks , it will be next to impossible to give them basic medical training. It takes investment of money, resources and time to impart basic medical traini...
 (Total 114 words)
This is not a solution of increasing accessibility of health care facility rather providing licence to incompetent person to deal with valuable human life. They can be trained to assist the population in the process to connect with qualified doctors ...
 (Total 67 words)
The number of quacks is not less in Bangladesh compared to India. Here they are the first line doctors. The pharmacists, the medical assistants and even many ex-assistant of quacks practise as like as doctors. They treat the patients as much as they ...
 (Total 145 words)
The number of quacks is not less in Bangladesh compared to India. Here they are the first line doctors. The pharmacists, the medical assistants and even many ex-assistant of quacks practise as like as doctors. They treat the patients as much as they ...
 (Total 145 words)
This is a commendable effort by the NGO . The right way to solve problems is by taking them head on. Not by closing the eyes. For obvious reasons this step will have some drawbacks , but all issues can only be solved if they are brought to the table....
 (Total 108 words)
We also have quack doctors here, but II'm surprised with the numbers presented for India (where there's just too many). I completely disagree with this program. I don't think "training" them is the right thing. I don't think...
 (Total 122 words)
I think the best they can do is to train as Paramedics or healthcare workers. The practice of medicine is not child's play. A negligent doctor causing loss of function or life stands to be penalized. What kind of penalty would the courts levy on ...
 (Total 67 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz In my opinion, this move prevents progression of medical training and the field of medicine in general. Only legitimate doctors should be allowed to practice the professio...
 (Total 167 words)
I am pretty sure that there are a lot of people who practice the healing art without any form of licensure or certifying document. As mentioned by some community members, these practitioners are more common in the provinces, or in areas that are unde...
 (Total 231 words)
I believe that quack doctors doesn't exist in India only. Because even here in the Philippines, quack doctors is really common in rural underdeveloped areas. I guess this should be addressed by the government by providing qualified doctors. Hones...
 (Total 107 words)
Thanks for all your comments. You are right, Madhubabu kaaja ; it is not a problem in India only but can be traced in many other countries. Quack doctors in Malaysia are mainly not due to sh...
 (Total 119 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz Although quack doctors are seen in India, but they practice mostly in rural regions as mentioned by ...
 (Total 150 words)
Quack doctors are everywhere whether it is India, Pakistan or Malaysia. Basically, the number of quack doctors in every region matters a lot as told by Madhubabu kaaja the quack doctors are...
 (Total 125 words)
Dear Aziz, first of all thanking you for your posting a silent medical problem of India about quack doctors in India. Its true quack doctors exists in India and it is quite needed topic to discuss through this post. Many of hospital worked more than ...
 (Total 184 words)
Although unqualified practitioners who pose as qualified doctors, so called quacks, are numerous throughout India, they are believed to administer potentially dangerous treatments to patients. Quacks can also be tried under provisions of the Indian P...
 (Total 125 words)