General
Timing of eczema onset influences food allergy development risk in childhood

Timing of eczema onset influences food allergy development risk in childhood

Shared by:

The risk of developing food allergy at the age of 3 years is high among infants whose eczema occurred within the first 4 months of life, according to the results of T-CHILD* study.

specialty.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

I would like to share a personal experience with you. I hope you find some benefit in it with your daughter. One of my close relatives was diagnosed with food allergy when he was few months old. It was mixed instant and delayed food allergy that only appears few hours or may take days to appear. The mother used to start feeding her baby only one type of food per day then observe for any allergies. If no reaction occurs, she adds another one single component to the food and so on till she recogni...
 (Total 176 words)
Statistics show that almost 1 in 12 young children suffer from a food allergy and the numbers are increasing more and more. Food allergies occur when the immune system becomes confused. Instead of ignoring harmless food proteins, it triggers a reaction, which leads to histamine. Histamine is the main chemical released causing the hyperaemia, induration and the annoying itchy sensation. Food allergies have always been thought to be much more common amongst children who come from families where ot...
 (Total 132 words)
Eczema and food allergies have a direct connection in children. The t-child study has been carried out to find out the exact relationship between eczema and allergies. The report shows that risk of developing food allergies at the age of three is high among the infants who have developed eczema in first four months of life. It is surprising to know that eczema during the first year of life was associated with nearly 4-fold risk of developing food allergies at the age of three years. There is no ...
 (Total 127 words)