General
A guide to surviving the night shift for healthcare professionals

A guide to surviving the night shift for healthcare professionals

Shared by:

For any new healthcare professional, the night shift will definitely be a daunting prospect. Here are some useful tips to help you survive your many night shifts to come.

today.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

I don't like night shifts. Quieter, calmer, more paper works and the residents are hard to be found. Adjusting your body clock would be the best way to survive a graveyard shift. Having the right amount of sleep before the shift would help you ke...
 (Total 124 words)
For me, all of the tips mentioned in the article is actually proven effective. Mainly because, i have done all of those tips way back then when i will have my night shift duty. I do sleep in the afternoon to prepare myself and to have enough energy. ...
 (Total 92 words)
It might take more days to adjust one's sleeping hours. I feel that one day might not be enough, and perhaps it might take 3 days or more depending on the person's capacity to adjust. If you are on a 24 hour shift, I think it will really be h...
 (Total 104 words)
Night time working is the worst thing we get as doctors. Most of the times the partners also hesitate to marry a doctor because of these night shifts. Doing night shift is a bit of a trouble but we have to do it for the sake of the poor patient who a...
 (Total 106 words)
Night shifts are wonderful, patients asleep, a calm and quiet environment to work in. Many times healthcare workers are over worked even in the night to attend to emergencies and calls, otherwise it is all quiet. But trouble only comes when it is too...
 (Total 137 words)
There are very informative tips in this article for anyone taking night shift. Working at night is an essential part of providing a comprehensive 24-hour service for patients in any health system, but it usually comes with sleep deprivation and fatig...
 (Total 124 words)