General
"Highly competitive market" causing Malaysian community pharmacists to barely stay afloat

"Highly competitive market" causing Malaysian community pharmacists to barely stay afloat

Shared by:

50% of CPs are operating "mini-markets" to keep their operations going as they cannot break even just by the sale of medicines, said the Malaysian Community Pharmacy Guild.

today.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

lew honkean I will agree with your principles and nobody is filled thinking like a pharmacist all are working for business and money and I hope trustz is one of exception. And nice meeting ...
 (Total 62 words)
Madhubabu kaaja, I am 100% agree that consumer will looking brand value and price but the "Price" in Pharmacy should be define as "Price= Product + Service+ Result" and "Value" should define as " Perception+ Social ...
 (Total 95 words)
lew honkean Thanking you for your comments. In my view price war occurs as an attempt to gain market share by selling its alternative at a lower price and not as fail to full fill the expec...
 (Total 46 words)
Madhubabu Kaaja, I agree to disagree for your view. Price war normally happen when services provider fail to fulfill the expectation of the consumer and than they will looking for the product price. If we as a Pharmacist treating ourselves as trader ...
 (Total 84 words)
lew honkean I will agree many people in Asia don t know what is pharmacy and pharmacist. Can you believe still people cannot differentiate Pharma and Farma . They may know us as medical sh...
 (Total 72 words)
This problem is not causing by competition among Community Pharmacy. The real problem facing by us is the perception of the public. The Public don't even know what the role of the Pharmacist. Therefore, the customer just want the product rather t...
 (Total 109 words)
It is true that community pharmacy in Malaysia is struggling now with the competition with GPs who are allowed to dispense medication. But I am not sure if the public are aware or not that the person who's dispensing their medication in the clin...
 (Total 83 words)
Tahira Nawaz medical stores became health stores now and all healthcare items today available for home and family needs. As you told previously medicine prices are high in India also until ...
 (Total 75 words)
Most of the medical stores are not just medical stores today rather these are mini-markets because such stores have also food items, cosmetic products, newspaper and other daily-use items in order to run the business efficiently and increase the dail...
 (Total 126 words)