General
The healthcare profession: A job for life?

The healthcare profession: A job for life?

Shared by:

Job hopping is prevalent among young professionals in many industries because it takes time for one to settle down and find a job that they can stick to for the next few decades. Let's take a look at how this relates to jobs in the healthcare industry.

today.mims.com

10 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you all for the comments. Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan , Jemelyn Mae Sodusta , I agree that if your job doesn't pay you enough you have to unfortunately change it. It's sad to say but it's the same situation with nurses in India. Most of them move to foreign countries in search of better prospects or change their ...
 (Total 123 words)
I think being a doctor would have a better career path. Be it in hospital or Gp clinics. They still can earn more money both ways. I am a nurse, i have went through a lot of interviews with not much of difference among them. Nurses will always be nurses. No matter how hard we try, we will not be looked up upon. i have went through an interview for a nurse clinician role before, with a standard of asking slightly more then my current salary. I was turned down cause they feel that I was too expens...
 (Total 163 words)
For healthcare professionals, it is very difficult to shift into another unrelated job. Why is this so? Because the healthcare industry is rapidly progressing, and if we leave practice for a few years, it is difficult to say if we are skills are still at par with current standards. Also, one thing I learned is that, the society easily forgets. If you are a medical practitioner, and you leave the profession for a year or two, there is a big chance that it will feel like you are starting practice ...
 (Total 126 words)
Heena Pohani Here in our country, most nurses chooses to work outside of their career mainly because of low compensation and limited job opportunities. Because in my experience, if you are a nurse in private institution, you can't actually help your family with their daily expenses because your salary is enough only for your own necessities. I believe that this is the reason why some of my friends chooses to...
 (Total 131 words)
From what I know from experience and from friends, if health care professionals get tired of their job and really opt to look into other careers, it is possible to delve into other fields, even those that are unrelated. A nurse friend of mine opted to pursue her interests and is now a successful baker and cake designer. I also have other nurse friends, who, due to the limited job options and low salary here as nurses, resort to making a career in other fields such as communications, marketing, a...
 (Total 173 words)
Healthcare professionals, be it doctors or nurses spend a lot of time preparing themselves to be competent in this field. And the demand of healthcare is always going to remain. It is true that unlike the other professions like IT or engineering where people are seen frequently changing their career path, this is unlikely in field of medicine. The hard and soft skills that and the art of medicine that we learn after a lot of hard work and sacrifices, pays off and so most of us don't even hav...
 (Total 152 words)