General
When the identity of female doctors is eroded due to gender discrimination

When the identity of female doctors is eroded due to gender discrimination

Shared by:

Previous explanations for the stark differences between male and female physicians in relation to their responsibilities and job flexibility do not account for the double standards between these two professional groups.

today.mims.com

11 Nov 2016 - General

Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article to be discussed.
I can't believe that Gender discrimination still exist till now, I know a friend that faced such discrimination in in one of gulf countries, and there is discrimination also due to family origin and nationality, discrimination in everything and because she was foreigner, many of her rights were not available add to that gender discriminati...
 (Total 131 words)
Upon reading this article a few days ago I remember reading a statistics report on how women make less than men as doctors because of amount of time committed to working as a doctor. Women play the mother role and divide their time more for family than work as compared to men. In light of not going all Amazonian on this topic I would agree with that premise as I would personally put in more time for family over work (unless I really need to work more which of course would benefit my family). The...
 (Total 153 words)
Heena Pohani Heena Pohani It is better to speak as women are in discrimination from past 2016 years which makes a sense how women discriminated. Reasons behind are poverty, illiteracy, employment, customs and beliefs, politics and women awareness. But a raise in women empowerment has going recently. I think you aware of Chandra Ko...
 (Total 76 words)
We are living in 21 st century, but, unfortunately, problems like gender discrimination are still prevalent. Maria Cristina Inserto I agree with your opinion that in dentistry, mostly people prefer for female dentists as they believe that they are more sensitive and gentle. However, if we talk about oral surgeons, mostly male members of the society dominate this field, at least this is what I have seen in India....
 (Total 168 words)
It is very injustice to erode the identity of female doctors due to gender discrimination. As previously described, stark differences between male and female physicians in relation to their responsibilities and job flexibility do not account for the double standards between these two professional groups. The wages discrimination in education sectors is also hilarious as the wage gap is so wide that women physicians teaching at medical schools as full-time professors make approximately the same a...
 (Total 115 words)
Md Shamim Reza Many reasons we can discuss about this situation like poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, social customs and belief etc are some reasons behind history of gender discrimination. As you told skill is hided which can be helpful for them and others too. Some may not get equal preference with immature environmental minds and circumstances. Yes doctor the situation better improved in Asian countries to w...
 (Total 126 words)
Gender discrimination is a disappointing problem in most of the south asian countries. Due to the discrimination, many women can't work properly in spite of being skilled. Many female worker don't get equal respect compared to their male colleagues. However, the situation has changed a lot in last decade. Many women are working now in all sectors. In spite bof having some limitations, they are working successfully in all levels. Though there are still some discrimination, I think the dis...
 (Total 130 words)
I think in many industries, all over the world, gender discrimination will still affect women. And we will still be belittled, paid less, regarded lower, given fewer opportunities and so forth. It is a sad world--but we can just continue prove people wrong. Actually though, in Dentistry, it is a lot different. People actually demand lady dentists because they discriminate against men---and say that men have heavy hands and so are not gentle. They want female dentists because they say we are more...
 (Total 97 words)
Marinelle Castro but who are living in PH are lucky where the gender equality ratio is 1 about which we have discussed yesterday. Women are evolving in all areas including healthcare. Yes, many women afraid to raise their voices at management or respective managers. But women bypassing all obstacles and equally working with men that for sure. It is time to raise the voice on troubles they are facing. I hope women...
 (Total 96 words)
Unfortunately these things still happen even in highly industrialized society wherein gender discrimination is unexpected. I am pretty sure that this is a difficult situation for the women who are suffering from it. A lot of them hesitate to voice out these concerns because they fear administrative repercussions or it entails too much effort just to fall on deaf ears. I sympathize with these women. However, I believe that they should take it upon their selves not to tolerate such from happening....
 (Total 111 words)