General
Doctors: Will you help in a medical emergency when you are off-duty?

Doctors: Will you help in a medical emergency when you are off-duty?

Shared by:

While doctors are no strangers to treating patients who require urgent medical attention during their work hours, they might also encounter a person in need of medical attention outside of their place of practice or when they are off-duty.

today.mims.com

11 Nov 2016 - General

Rajinda Asalage we are not robots means I want to say we should balance both family and social life. I am agreeing with you the condition where our presence is must then we will definitely ...
 (Total 51 words)
Doctors are humans. They also have a personal life and they must have a time allocated for their loved ones in their lives. So they must be offered by off days, leaves and other allowances as well. But here this is not a routine type. This is about a...
 (Total 102 words)
Mark Edmon Tan yes you are right Dr.Mark Edmon a person should not do harm instead of saving life at emergency spot. Who is not aware of first aid may avoid medical help but he must do soci...
 (Total 48 words)
Yes, I am willing to help but with consideration of non-maleficence before beneficence. The former comes before the latter at all times. We must first do no harm to patient or self before thinking of the benefits of providing assistance. If saving on...
 (Total 99 words)
Marinelle Castro Jennifer Winter Yes it is 2010 at Manila and about 40+ members injured with a grande explosion after exiting of...
 (Total 34 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto 2010 bar-ops huh? My friend was there as well and although she was able to help out others she was quite in shock. ...
 (Total 164 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Dear Maria, being doctor it is in your pulse to save patient pulse. Your friend just done a good job to save lives. I want to say social help and medical help is diffe...
 (Total 82 words)
Jennifer Winter Dear Jennifer, author of the article stressed situations in USA and UK where doctors first owe a duty before giving emergency treatment. If no relation exist between doctor-...
 (Total 59 words)
I would like to believe that it is automatic for doctors to "save" on impulse, as we all took an oath to be of service. I did tell the story about my bestfriend (a doctor), who immediately came to people's rescue when a "bomb"...
 (Total 138 words)
I am a bit disappointed about the name dropping in this article of Dr. Uwagboe. We are not obliged to attend to patients during an emergency. I know how bad that sounds. I personally would attend to emergencies as I have done so already in the past. ...
 (Total 113 words)
Marinelle Castro it is our responsibility to help in emergency to care a life. I have seen doctors who facilitating other hospitals facility by talking with them over phone or by referring...
 (Total 51 words)
Of course I am willing to help someone in case of an emergency, regardless of the office hours. Sure, there is a potential for liability (as always), but it is human nature to help - - especially if you are more knowledgeable than anybody else. For o...
 (Total 108 words)