General
Is alcohol all bad?: Important historical development of alcohol as medicine

Is alcohol all bad?: Important historical development of alcohol as medicine

Shared by:

The word “alcohol” may carry a somewhat negative vibe in conservative Asian communities, commonly associated with drunkenness, immorality and degeneracy. We cannot dismiss the dangerous effects of alcohol consumption, but at the same time, it is unfair to ignore the benefits of this  potent compound.

today.mims.com

11 Nov 2016 - General

I agree that alcohol, especially red wine and similar types, is alright as long as it is taken in moderation. I think the recommendation is about 1/3 glass red wine a day to protect against certain heart conditions. This would be due to the potent an...
 (Total 108 words)
Anything in excess is bad for our health. There are certain alcoholic drinks that has good benefits for the body. I remember that we just recently discussed how resveratrol, a phenol that is present in red wine, protects the heart. Alcohol has an eff...
 (Total 113 words)
No, we can use it as in good way too. Coming to pharmaceutical applications it is useful in synthesis of Active ingredients manufacturing process and in manufacturing of pharmaceutical dosageforms like tablets, capsules, syrups in which the final lev...
 (Total 72 words)
Alcohol discovery is early dated to the old Egyptian kingdom around 33 centuries before the Christ birth. Since then, it was a cornerstone for treating many diseases but mainly as analgesic to relieve various kinds of pain. Besides the so called spi...
 (Total 148 words)