General
Which Is Better: Drinking Cold Or Warm Water?

Which Is Better: Drinking Cold Or Warm Water?

Shared by:

Water gives us life, BUT is cool water always the best option? Or maybe there are occasions where we should opt for warm water?

www.healthyandnaturalworld.com

11 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto There really is a right time for everything even with selecting the temperature of water to drink. Warm water is really great in helping facilitate bowel movement when you take it first thing in the morning. It is also good after a heavy meal and it may be one of the reasons why people take tea after binging. I remember not being allowed to drink cold water whenever I had fever as a kid bec...
 (Total 105 words)
Rajinda Asalage Nothing beats drinking chilled water during a humid day or after an exhausting workout. You can just feel the liquid's frigid temperature soothing the lining of the espohagus with each gulp. It would be hard to give up that great sensation but looking at the cons of drinking chilled water will make you think twice. Thank you for pointing out that chilled water may possibly trigger bronchoconst...
 (Total 74 words)
We have got used to drink a cup of cool water after getting tired and really it will give a quick relief to us. But there are pros and cons in drinking cool water instead of hot water. Usually water is boiled up to 100 degrees and if there are micro organisms which can be pathogenic are destroyed most of the time by boiling. So it is better to drink hot water and the habit of drinking cool water will induce upper respiratory tract infections and it can also trigger acute attacks of asthma as wel...
 (Total 109 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I think drinking normal water is best preferred in mild cases of acid reflux. However, I haven't come across with sufficient evidence regarding the association of warm water and acid reflux and warm water. I personally feel that water at the room temperature is the best one to drink in any case. However as mentioned earlier, the choices vary according to seasons and geographic location. However...
 (Total 141 words)
Heena Pohani Yes, I got curious with the discussion and decided to post it for other healthcare professionals' opinion. By the way, thank you for sharing the tip of drinking warm water upon waking up. It really aids in bowel movement and now I really do not need morning coffee for stimulating the gastrocolic reflex. I would pretty much advise this habit for those who complain of constipation. As for preferenc...
 (Total 150 words)
Its difficult to find evidence on this topic because outcome measures are vague. But I think there is some merit to drinking warm drinks after meals because it facilitates digestion. Personally I prefer drinking warm drinks upon waking up and before I go to bed. I somehow find it relaxing to do so. Like what the article said, drinking cold water in between workout might be beneficial. Although personally, I have never tried drinking warm water during or after working out so I'm not certain i...
 (Total 113 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I remember discussing about this topic few days back and here is a post. :) I hope that now we will be able to read comments and suggestions of other healthcare professionals. As said earlier, drinking warm water on an empty stomach is a tradition and an age-old ayurvedic practice in India and this technique has its own benefits. Both warm and cold water have their own set of benefits. Warm water s...
 (Total 153 words)
While it is amusing to know that our preference for hot or cold drinks can say something about our personalities (e.g. warm=more passionate individuals; cold=more active and on-the-go), some health benefits have also been linked to drinking either of the two. I agree with what's written in this article. Drinking cold beverages can help bring down a body's temperature during a fever. For me, cold beverages are also easier to drink and we tend to drink more amounts of cold water than warm ...
 (Total 169 words)