General
Scientists Say It Could Already Be "Game Over" for Climate Change

Scientists Say It Could Already Be "Game Over" for Climate Change

Shared by:

There's no doubt our planet is getting hotter and hotter , but the long-term outlook could be even worse than we thought. Scientists are now saying it might already be too late to avoid a temperature rise of up to 7.36 degrees Celsius (13.25...

www.sciencealert.com

12 Nov 2016 - General

Theekshana Abayawickrama oops sorry. the title is "An Inconvenient Truth" instead of the inconvenient truth by Al Gore and this was released in 2006 when global warming was not yet taken seriously. I highly suggest you to watch it when you have the free time. After Al Gore "lost" to President Bush, he channeled all his energy towards raising public awareness of the need to save the environment....
 (Total 134 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I wonder if the results of that experiment has something to do with frogs being an ectotherm. Since their bodies do not produce enough heat to keep the internal organs at the optimal temperature they rely on the external heat sources so their body temperature also is quite variable. Anyway, sounds like an interesting theory and a documentary. Should try to find it and watch. Thanks for letting me k...
 (Total 128 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Have you watched the documentary "The Incovenient Truth" by Al Gore. There was an analogy of how the human body adapts to climate change using a frog inside a beaker under a burner with gradual increase in maximum. It was shown that the frog will adapt to the hot climate because increase in temperature is gradual unlike if the frog was immediately put in a beaker full of hot wate...
 (Total 141 words)
"A temperature rise of up to 7.36 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by 2100." That is a pretty huge increase in the global temperature. At this rate, I wonder if anything living on this planet would be able to survive till 2100. Temperature is not just one entity. It is one arm of a whole ecosystem that is interconnected. One arm of that structure breaks, the whole system comes crumbling down. With the recent election in the USA, there are rumours going on around that the ne...
 (Total 137 words)