General
Utilising nonverbal communication in the nurse-patient relationship

Utilising nonverbal communication in the nurse-patient relationship

Shared by:

Nonverbal communication includes all forms of communication that do not involve true spoken or written word. It is imperative for nurses to use nonverbal communication when they establish a relationship with the patient.

today.mims.com

12 Nov 2016 - General

Oh I touch my patient. I cannot work without touching their face, etc. But I wouldn't touch a patient's hand, put my hand on their shoulder as a kind gesture etc. It's different with children, but for teens and adults, it doesn't matt...
 (Total 58 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto as you told non verbal communication also plays a role in individual care of patient by nurse and nurses to be in a position to decode the non verbal communication of ...
 (Total 97 words)
I think all these non-verbal gestures are essential if you really want to connect with a patient. It is not easy to establish a trustful relationship with patients but they will break their walls when care is genuine. Eye contact and showing that you...
 (Total 140 words)
Tahira Nawaz your words are true non verbal communications powerful than verbal communication. As told by Priscilla Mae Gobuyan ...
 (Total 46 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan as you told many times non verbal communication work well to understand patients need. Eye contact which is very important need to maintain not only with patient but a...
 (Total 72 words)
Non-verbal communication is the most powerful form of communication if it is used appropriately and understood accordingly. I believe non-verbal communication is the true and real form of communication as the accurate assessment of any aspect can onl...
 (Total 119 words)
Nonverbal communication for me is more than powerful enough than verbal skills. That is true that the way we speak, the way we carry ourselves reflects what kind of attitude and personality we had. It is also unavoidabe to let them interpret these no...
 (Total 218 words)