General
Utilising nonverbal communication in the nurse-patient relationship

Utilising nonverbal communication in the nurse-patient relationship

Shared by:

Nonverbal communication includes all forms of communication that do not involve true spoken or written word. It is imperative for nurses to use nonverbal communication when they establish a relationship with the patient.

today.mims.com

12 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto as you told non verbal communication also plays a role in individual care of patient by nurse and nurses to be in a position to decode the non verbal communication of patient exactly then a best care can be done. What is your concern to touch patient and why you dont touch patient and I understand you are not a touchy person ok, But one can examine patient without touching also. But I used t...
 (Total 97 words)
I think all these non-verbal gestures are essential if you really want to connect with a patient. It is not easy to establish a trustful relationship with patients but they will break their walls when care is genuine. Eye contact and showing that you're listening (and engaging), by nodding, leaning forward and smiling will show patients that you are interested not just with their illness, but them. Patients do want to be thought of in terms of their illness--in fact, they want to be held sep...
 (Total 140 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan as you told many times non verbal communication work well to understand patients need. Eye contact which is very important need to maintain not only with patient but also out of hospital which gives a positive impression on us and we can able to concentrate on what they are saying. A smile makes difference definitely to which 50 percent of patients problem solved. Thanking you for sharing yo...
 (Total 72 words)
Non-verbal communication is the most powerful form of communication if it is used appropriately and understood accordingly. I believe non-verbal communication is the true and real form of communication as the accurate assessment of any aspect can only be made through non-verbal communication. For example, a nurse can analyze the patient condition in a more better way through patient’s facial expression than words therefore for a nurse non-verbal communication is the best clue for the patient con...
 (Total 119 words)
Nonverbal communication for me is more than powerful enough than verbal skills. That is true that the way we speak, the way we carry ourselves reflects what kind of attitude and personality we had. It is also unavoidabe to let them interpret these nonverbal skills the way we wanted to convey them to the viewers and patients. It could be thay we aren't aware enough on how we deliver ourselves and/or the way they interpret is the problem. Whatever it is or may be, in our day to day practice I ...
 (Total 218 words)