General
Potato consumption not likely to cause cardiovascular disease

Potato consumption not likely to cause cardiovascular disease

Shared by:

Eating potatoes, which are rich in potassium and have a high glycaemic index and glycaemic load, is not associated with risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), suggests a recent study.

specialty.mims.com

12 Nov 2016 - General

I love potatoes, so this is good news, but it's really all about how the potatoes are prepared and cooked, as well as what it's cooked with that matters. For instance, french fries might not be so good but boiled potatoes would be lovely, unless you slather it with too much butter and top it with so much cheese and sour cream. This is a good thing to know that potatoes aren't as bad but you, of course, cannot have too much of it too. Anyway, the fries on the photo looks quite awesome...
 (Total 99 words)
Potatoes are nothing but a carbohydrate rich food. I never expected it to associated with cardiovascular diseases. It is not about potatoes, it is about your food habit and total energy intake. Eating high amount of energy rich food may lead to fat deposition and atherosclerosis. The risk is equal for all energy dense food, not only for potatoes. So, we should be careful about our food habit. Excessive fat and energy intake should be avoided. Control your body weight. It will reduce the risk of...
 (Total 88 words)
Well, it could be true that eating potatoes does not increase one's chances of getting a cardiovascular disease, but I think what is more important is how we eat those potatoes. People love eating french fries and it is a very famous snack among people in my country. When you think of it, french fries are nothing but slices of potato soaked in oil. And then there are potato chips. Potato fried and mixed with all sorts of chemicals. So it is not the potato that increases the risk of cardiovas...
 (Total 104 words)
A recent study has suggested that potatoes are very nutritious as they have high glycemic index and high glycemic load that is not associated with risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Researchers have carried out analysis on two prospective cohorts of Swedish adults to determine the effect of potatoes associated with risk of total and specific CVD events as well as mortality from CVD. The results of this research have shown that there is no association between potatoes intake and CVD events inc...
 (Total 107 words)