General
Potato consumption not likely to cause cardiovascular disease

Potato consumption not likely to cause cardiovascular disease

Shared by:

Eating potatoes, which are rich in potassium and have a high glycaemic index and glycaemic load, is not associated with risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), suggests a recent study.

specialty.mims.com

12 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you Maria Cristina Inserto for showing interest in the fries :-). you can eat potatoes as you like because they are not harmful at all and if you are weight conscious then fries are no...
 (Total 39 words)
I love potatoes, so this is good news, but it's really all about how the potatoes are prepared and cooked, as well as what it's cooked with that matters. For instance, french fries might not be so good but boiled potatoes would be lovely, unl...
 (Total 99 words)
You are right Md Shamim Reza, the excess of every food is dangerous to health. Excessive intake of carbohydrates lead to excessive production of energy leading to increase in weight and rel...
 (Total 33 words)
Thanks for valuable comment Theekshana Abayawickrama . It is the basic thing that how we eat potatoes because boiled potatoes are rich in carbohydrates while french fries are rich in oil tha...
 (Total 46 words)
Potatoes are nothing but a carbohydrate rich food. I never expected it to associated with cardiovascular diseases. It is not about potatoes, it is about your food habit and total energy intake. Eating high amount of energy rich food may lead to fat d...
 (Total 88 words)
Well, it could be true that eating potatoes does not increase one's chances of getting a cardiovascular disease, but I think what is more important is how we eat those potatoes. People love eating french fries and it is a very famous snack among ...
 (Total 104 words)
A recent study has suggested that potatoes are very nutritious as they have high glycemic index and high glycemic load that is not associated with risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Researchers have carried out analysis on two prospective cohorts ...
 (Total 107 words)