General

The Strangest thing During Surgery

Created by:

13 Nov 2016 - General

Most of us who are doctors will agree to this fact the surgeries, be it of any type are associated with a factor of uncertainty. You have planned an upper root stump extraction through the open method and when you take the incision and open the flap, you see a that the root is dilacerated. A variety of complications and uncertainties are associated with surgeries, but I was just researching the internet and I found some crazy stuff happening too during surgical operations.

- Alama Kante, a singer sang throughout her throat surgery. 

- A doctor carved his initials on the patient's body after completing the surgery.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED ANY WEIRD EVENT DURING A SURGERY AS A PATIENT/NURSE/DOCTOR? PLEASE, COMMENT!

Jennifer Winter Yeah it really was very suspicious, and all our doctors thought it could be sexual abuse. Me and my colleague sat with the mother of the child for a good half an hour and sp...
 (Total 105 words)
Mark Edmon Tan that was sole ascaris experience. I have not seen an EGD procedure where they extracted a worm. That would be interesting but I think that one ball of worms experience of min...
 (Total 98 words)
This is not a direct experience, but this is my moms and it is a similar story with Alama Kante. Years ago, when she had her hysterectomy we sent my mom with prayer and a Christan song, so she was wheeled in, singing a tune in her head. Now in the mi...
 (Total 132 words)
I think the singer probably wanted to make sure that her voice remained intact throughout the surgery. She would have known when to stop the surgeon if anything were to happen to her vocal cords! :D I have had one pretty strange experience doing pedi...
 (Total 138 words)
Jennifer Winter Oh my. That was quite a surprise to see a bowl of worms. The surgeons could have been in shock too when they see the obstructive mass. Good news for the parents though as it...
 (Total 94 words)
Wow! That was a gutsy coping mechanism for Alama Kante to sing through surgery. The doctor who carved initials on the patient should not have done that. I am surprised that he is not yet sued for violating a patient's body. My weird experience wa...
 (Total 143 words)
The carving of the doctor's name into the abdomen sounds very morbid. I have not yet experienced something that outrageous. I have interesting stories but nothing psychotic. Back as a medical clerk we had a 5 year old with abdominal pain. Diagnos...
 (Total 105 words)