General

The Strangest thing During Surgery

Created by:

13 Nov 2016 - General

Most of us who are doctors will agree to this fact the surgeries, be it of any type are associated with a factor of uncertainty. You have planned an upper root stump extraction through the open method and when you take the incision and open the flap, you see a that the root is dilacerated. A variety of complications and uncertainties are associated with surgeries, but I was just researching the internet and I found some crazy stuff happening too during surgical operations.

- Alama Kante, a singer sang throughout her throat surgery. 

- A doctor carved his initials on the patient's body after completing the surgery.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED ANY WEIRD EVENT DURING A SURGERY AS A PATIENT/NURSE/DOCTOR? PLEASE, COMMENT!

Jennifer Winter Yeah it really was very suspicious, and all our doctors thought it could be sexual abuse. Me and my colleague sat with the mother of the child for a good half an hour and spoke with her to see if I could gather anything from the story. She was either telling the truth or she is a superb liar. Yes, we did send the child to a medical legal examiner and also to a sexually transmitting diseases clinic...
 (Total 105 words)
Mark Edmon Tan that was sole ascaris experience. I have not seen an EGD procedure where they extracted a worm. That would be interesting but I think that one ball of worms experience of mine was enough. Theekshana Abayawickrama 5-6 years old with a head of suction dart in her vagina? Definitely sexual abuse needs to be considered. ...
 (Total 98 words)
This is not a direct experience, but this is my moms and it is a similar story with Alama Kante. Years ago, when she had her hysterectomy we sent my mom with prayer and a Christan song, so she was wheeled in, singing a tune in her head. Now in the middle of the long operation, she apparently woke up and she saw her silhouette and suddenly panicked, so she started singing. They eventually had to anesthetize her again. Finally, while she was in the recovery room she was making so much noise and th...
 (Total 132 words)
I think the singer probably wanted to make sure that her voice remained intact throughout the surgery. She would have known when to stop the surgeon if anything were to happen to her vocal cords! :D I have had one pretty strange experience doing pediatric surgery. I think I shared it sometime back if you remember. A 5-6 year old girl was sent to the theater for examination under anesthesia for a persistent offensive vaginal discharge. My consultant put the speculum, and there was something like ...
 (Total 138 words)
Jennifer Winter Oh my. That was quite a surprise to see a bowl of worms. The surgeons could have been in shock too when they see the obstructive mass. Good news for the parents though as it was not an actual mass. Have you experienced participating in endoscopic procedures where they find ascaris or other nematodes? They extract the worm from the site to the floor and it is kinda gross every time it happens. I th...
 (Total 94 words)
Wow! That was a gutsy coping mechanism for Alama Kante to sing through surgery. The doctor who carved initials on the patient should not have done that. I am surprised that he is not yet sued for violating a patient's body. My weird experience was when I had chalazion removal surgery when I was 18 years old. The surgery was performed by my uncle's wife. Being in college, I did not know that drinking excessively could render an anesthesia effective so I partied a day prior to surgery. My ...
 (Total 143 words)
The carving of the doctor's name into the abdomen sounds very morbid. I have not yet experienced something that outrageous. I have interesting stories but nothing psychotic. Back as a medical clerk we had a 5 year old with abdominal pain. Diagnostic imaging revealed an obstructing abdominal mass and he was scheduled for ex-lap. I was in the operating room next door when I heard shrieks from the OR the boy was in. When my surgery was done I went to check out what was going on and found out th...
 (Total 105 words)