General
How Unhealthy Are Your Favourite Condiments?

How Unhealthy Are Your Favourite Condiments?

Shared by:

It's strange trying to imagine French fries without ketchup or sushi without soy sauce — some condiments and foods are just meant for one another. Condiments and spreads add that oft-needed

www.huffingtonpost.ca

13 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Oh yes! That white sauce for Persian kebab was probably conjured with sorcery. Personally, I enjoy the spicy pink/red sauce more. Thank you for pointing out the great selec...
 (Total 99 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Soy sauce is incorporated in most dishes in the country. Soy sauce and ginger are the two most common used ingredients in Asian dishes so we certainly cannot get away ...
 (Total 102 words)
Yes, Doc Ramp Ronald Allan Ponteres. I absolutely agree that sometimes we consume too much condiments, especially for potatoes in whatever form it comes. It is also a habit of us Filipinos ...
 (Total 107 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan The Filipino diet is heavy on the use of condiments too. We love to pair dishes with their sauce and I have to admit that the combinations are great. Usually we ...
 (Total 117 words)
This is one of the reasons why I barely use any condiments on my cheeseburger or hotdogs. The high content of sodium, salt, sugar and trans fat varies among these condiments. It is very hard to choose what is good for you as there will always a hidde...
 (Total 142 words)
Nice article! Mark Edmon Tan since I was a child, I'm fond of spicy stuff. I always use the following: Sriracha, Wasabi paste, Chili sauce, Chili pepper, Korean red pepper paste, Jalap...
 (Total 120 words)
I am afraid of salt. Most of the time, when I cook something, my mom ends up complaining because it's too bland for her. She's the type that puts salt in her fries, I always tell her she shouldn't do it. Some of the condiments on the list...
 (Total 89 words)
It's somehow a rough guide to estimate the nutritional value of condiments. Sometimes, I enjoy eating more condiments than the actual food. These condiments are considered an add-on and we do not take them seriously as health-offenders. Thank you...
 (Total 53 words)
Awww, too bad as I love ketchup, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce, plus a lot of the other condiments mentioned. I guess many of us think we are eating healthy, yet we overlook condiments as a source of calories, fat and sodium. For example, when eating...
 (Total 108 words)
Condiments are the assassins that we rarely discuss with patients. Excessive use of condiments can answer why a patient has poor blood pressure or blood sugar control. When used out of proportion, they will provide empty sources of sugar and sodium. ...
 (Total 169 words)