General
Fewer but longer sessions better than high PA frequency on weight loss

Fewer but longer sessions better than high PA frequency on weight loss

Shared by:

In overweight and obese women on a weight-loss programme, weekly physical activity (PA) done over fewer sessions of longer duration during the week could be more effective than that done as more frequent shorter sessions, suggests a recent study.

specialty.mims.com

13 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro You have some pretty good points with this topic. It would really be impossible to sustain a 100 minute-activity regularly when you factor in having a work and personal rel...
 (Total 147 words)
Tahira Nawaz I have yet to see the journal but that is an interesting finding. I have never thought of longer weekly activity as a way of shedding excess baggage. On a purely weight loss go...
 (Total 110 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I agree that BMI is not a reliable measure despite its convenience. Also, the impact of the exercises were not mentioned. I think more than the duration, the impact is more ...
 (Total 125 words)
A recent study has shown that weekly physical activity sessions are more effective in losing weight. Another benefit of weekly physical activity session is that these are more favorable with obese people who have a busy routine and they found hard to...
 (Total 103 words)
There is a new study that states longer workouts of 100 minutes done three times per week were more effective in weight , BMI, and waist circumference reduction compared to shorter workouts of 50mins done six times a week. I have some points to raise...
 (Total 166 words)