General
Increased smartphone screen-time associated with lower sleep quality

Increased smartphone screen-time associated with lower sleep quality

Shared by:

Exposure to smartphone screens is associated with lower sleep quality, according to a study that used a smartphone app to record the daily screen-time of over 650 adults.

www.sciencedaily.com

13 Nov 2016 - General

Yeah, there was a another thread in this community that talked about the bad effects of using mobile phones. I was recently writing an article on insomnia and things there are to do to have a good night's sleep. Staring in to a source of bright light before bedtime actually resets our sleep cycle. I think it gives a hidden message to the brain that there still is sunlight so it is not time to sleep yet. I personally find it very hard to not use the phone on bed. When I am not sleepy, I go to...
 (Total 131 words)
Are you always using your phone before sleeping? Tonight, before you hit the bed, try putting your phone down. According to a new research, smartphone screen time before bed leads to poor sleep quality.
The study, published that exposure to smartphone screens is linked to poor quality of sleep. Even though the study needs to be further enhanced in the future, this new knowledge reaffirms other past studies showing the bad effects of using phones before bedtime. There’s growing evidence that ...
 (Total 136 words)
Smartphones are increasingly becoming part of everyday life, but questions remain about the effects of frequent use on sleep. Poor sleep is associated with health conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and depression. The result of this research study has shown that each participant totaled an average of 38.4 hours over this period, with smartphones being activated on average for 3.7 minutes in each hour. Longer average screen time was associated with poor sleep quality and less sleep overall, pa...
 (Total 120 words)