General
6,889 doctors, nurses face ax

6,889 doctors, nurses face ax

Shared by:

By Mario B. Casayuran A total of 6,970 nurses, doctors, and dentists face the prospect of losing their jobs next year unless Congress overrides Malacañang’s plan to drastically downsize the number of frontline health personnel under

news.mb.com.ph

14 Nov 2016 - General

This is definitely bad news. The working conditions in our country are not also favorable so I am certain that these people will probably migrate to other countries for better opportunities. We always end up losing expertise because of our economic situation. Admittedly, even in foreign countries, there are a lot of requirements that has to be fulfilled before one can be employed. These things take a lot of effort, time, and money. This is true for all healthcare professionals. I know of some d...
 (Total 112 words)
I foresee that if this happens, more Filipino healthcare workers would need to find work else where. It is a shame that this is happening to healthcare workers but we do not have the final say, of cause. It is a norm to see Filipino healthcare workers in other countries. But do you think they would want to do such work else where away from their family? How would you have felt if you are in their shoes? Honestly it is unfair for them. What the health department is doing is jeopardizing the healt...
 (Total 195 words)
Oh my, this is such a sad news. I read this headline in haste, on FB, but I only read it now. Over 6000 healthcare personnel will be losing their job and that's just awful. Many hospitals, clinics and sectors all over the county are only lacking manpower and the further diminishing of the number will be suffered by the patients. I hope that something could be done about this, just as Senator Recto proposes. I hope that those who will lose jobs, will be absorbed and referred to other institut...
 (Total 110 words)