General
5 of the worst medical malpractice cases

5 of the worst medical malpractice cases

Shared by:

Doctors are often considered as almost sacrilegious in many societies. However, they are after all, still humans, and humans would be prone to errors.

today.mims.com

14 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you Madhubabu Kaaja for your comments. I guess we all as healthcare workers all hope to minimise malpractice and medication error. However to err is human hence there will always be. The best is to learn from previous cases and avoid repeating ...
 (Total 151 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh In world still exists until unless a change in people occurs and for about this I hope malpractice is very less in these days but I noticed less. To be a human we are for ...
 (Total 87 words)
These cases that are illustrated are pretty epic. I guess in the world there are various malpractice cases on going and many not discovered. Such are cases that happen to be brought to the spotlight.
For us doctors, what is important is stand by...
 (Total 148 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I have seen this type of events in movies and I amazed after reading and I just scared. You have raised a good point that our generation is aware of what is happening in...
 (Total 110 words)
Wow. Indeed, i never knew that this kind of cases exist years ago. They are really brilliant for making others believe that they are legitimate doctors performing surgeries, etc. And for some that made their patients be the experiment is like what th...
 (Total 109 words)
Dear Marinelle Castro , anything can happen in the world and nothing is impossible to do. Md Shamim Reza , ...
 (Total 43 words)
Whoa these cases are amazing, and I must say the last case is cringeworthy. Sounded like the psychiatrist is also suffering from mental illness. But her voluntary surrender means that she's aware that she performed poorly. About overcharging, wou...
 (Total 140 words)
I have to agree with Md Shamim Reza that Silvestre must be some kind of a genius or to the least of higher intelligence to be able to perform plastic surgeries. Of course I do not condone h...
 (Total 125 words)
Wow, many cases in medical that are unknown to many. This shows why we should practice and hold up as a professional. Having a good integrity is also important to make sure none of those errors could be repeated in today's time. All that matters ...
 (Total 165 words)
Oh my gosh, #5 is completely ridiculous. Right from the start, when the article mentioned the term "reparenting", I was immediately thinking, "Oh this is going to be interesting" and I was right. There's something wrong with t...
 (Total 137 words)
Thank you for sharing the article Madhubabu kaaja , these are really the worst medical malpractice cases and have surprised me. Susan Lim who was the first surgeon in Singapore and only the...
 (Total 114 words)
WOW!! The payouts were really high. And the cases were interesting too. I don't know why, but some of those make me laugh. Malpractice by some high profile doctor!! Susan Lim probably thought that The Sultan would pay her happily that huge amou...
 (Total 104 words)