General
5 of the worst medical malpractice cases

5 of the worst medical malpractice cases

Shared by:

Doctors are often considered as almost sacrilegious in many societies. However, they are after all, still humans, and humans would be prone to errors.

today.mims.com

14 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you Madhubabu Kaaja for your comments. I guess we all as healthcare workers all hope to minimise malpractice and medication error. However to err is human hence there will always be. The best is to learn from previous cases and avoid repeating similar mistakes in future and move on. The system and impose measures to keep things in check, however it should not be overdone instead and creates more pressure to medical workers such that everyone is so hard up at protecting oneself to avoid tro...
 (Total 151 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh In world still exists until unless a change in people occurs and for about this I hope malpractice is very less in these days but I noticed less. To be a human we are for curing can t for cursing humans, never leave humanity as we are superior in human care. In my view he who cares humans is equal to god. As you said we are for patient and here to do best healthcare by all times and by all means...
 (Total 87 words)
These cases that are illustrated are pretty epic. I guess in the world there are various malpractice cases on going and many not discovered. Such are cases that happen to be brought to the spotlight.
For us doctors, what is important is stand by our own principles, and practice evidence based medicine and always tell yourself one thing "primum non cere" - first do no harm. Whatever therapy or interventions we do, we should think whether it would benefit patient more than not doing...
 (Total 148 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I have seen this type of events in movies and I amazed after reading and I just scared. You have raised a good point that our generation is aware of what is happening in society and HCPs of the generations are responsible by less likely chances for today trend. But there is few cases I noticed that, last month a nurse administer a poisonous medicine to a patient to kill from others. It is not...
 (Total 110 words)
Wow. Indeed, i never knew that this kind of cases exist years ago. They are really brilliant for making others believe that they are legitimate doctors performing surgeries, etc. And for some that made their patients be the experiment is like what the? They have the guts of performing such invasive procedure with out any proofs that it will work 100%. And i can't even imagine that the psychiatrist turns out to be a patient too. I guess for this moment of time, people are more careful and the...
 (Total 109 words)
Dear Marinelle Castro , anything can happen in the world and nothing is impossible to do. Md Shamim Reza , Jennifer Winter Maria Cristina Inserto ...
 (Total 43 words)
Whoa these cases are amazing, and I must say the last case is cringeworthy. Sounded like the psychiatrist is also suffering from mental illness. But her voluntary surrender means that she's aware that she performed poorly. About overcharging, would like to ask the community members if there are legal policies about this in your local region. As far as I'm concerned, for private practitioners, there are no laws of overcharging, and I believe it is a very controversial issue. I'm not s...
 (Total 140 words)
I have to agree with Md Shamim Reza that Silvestre must be some kind of a genius or to the least of higher intelligence to be able to perform plastic surgeries. Of course I do not condone his actions but to be able to do that without any formal medical training is quite amazing. For number 3 I am wondering about this two hour delay and consequential physical and mental disabilities of the child. I think that case...
 (Total 125 words)
Wow, many cases in medical that are unknown to many. This shows why we should practice and hold up as a professional. Having a good integrity is also important to make sure none of those errors could be repeated in today's time. All that matters now is that we all provide the care that a patient need honestly and that honesty shall not be able to bite you from your rear. What i learn from all this is that; yes some a born with a silver spoon and some are just lucky to be the few that make mi...
 (Total 165 words)
Oh my gosh, #5 is completely ridiculous. Right from the start, when the article mentioned the term "reparenting", I was immediately thinking, "Oh this is going to be interesting" and I was right. There's something wrong with the doctor's head and it's sad because she's preying on unstable people who run to her for help. Instead of doing so, she guides them into an even more damaging experience/situation. The case on #1 is quite common. I mean, some people are ...
 (Total 137 words)
Thank you for sharing the article Madhubabu kaaja , these are really the worst medical malpractice cases and have surprised me. Susan Lim who was the first surgeon in Singapore and only the second female surgeon in the world had overcharged to the second richest family of the time in the world for her medical services. A complaint was lodged against her to the Ministry of Health and her license to practice was re...
 (Total 114 words)
WOW!! The payouts were really high. And the cases were interesting too. I don't know why, but some of those make me laugh. Malpractice by some high profile doctor!! Susan Lim probably thought that The Sultan would pay her happily that huge amount. But her bad luck...
Donald Cline probably wanted to be the greatest father on the earth!! About Reinaldo Silvestre, he was probably a genius. We are only looking at his mistakes. But think once, how did he perform such surgery without being...
 (Total 104 words)