General

Was there one patient that made your years of education all worth it?

Created by:

14 Nov 2016 - General

Share with us your most memorable experience with a patient and how this particular patient has brightened your outlook on career and life! 

Actually, there are a lot of patients that I have encountered, made my many years of medical education, and on-going medical training all worth it. Applying the clinical knowledge and skill that we learnt throughout the year, to successfully treat pa...
 (Total 198 words)
Stress has been a norm in this society nowadays but it depends how we manage it. It was very sad to know that your patient is a young adult that is almost the same age as you and had psychiatry issues due to academic failure. Having to see the patien...
 (Total 225 words)
There is one patient of mine who has history of hypertension, his son is a pharmacist too. Normally, she only bought her medicine with me but didn't really check her BP at my pharmacy. However one day, I insist to check on her BP. I initially jus...
 (Total 137 words)
Yes... When the patient is no other than your family member...

When your family member fall sick and hospitalized. All these years of learning and practicing slowly come handy. The brain feel like an orange juice, squeezed and squeezed to t...
 (Total 166 words)
I agree with the opinions stating that there is no just one single patient who made me feel that way. The feeling of satisfaction that all years of struggle with education were not in vain should be living with us most of the time. From time to time ...
 (Total 129 words)
This one incident really struck me and made me feel to tiny in this universe.
One lady was admitted due to acute dysphagia for almost few days with poor control of diabetic.
She was referred by fellow MOs for diet consultation and management...
 (Total 396 words)
I am inspired by almost all of my patients especially caring for the geriatric patients. This reminds me of my grandparents wayback then. It makes me feel grateful to have cared for people who are in need, at the same time makes me feel sad and sorry...
 (Total 154 words)
Not one patient made me feel worth of my education but.many.
I was working in a Primary health Center in Andrhapradesh ,India and was popular for my approach and councelling.I had immense satisfaction of conducting deliveries with minimum fecili...
 (Total 89 words)
Yes, there's a patient suffering from Atrial fibrillation. She's already SOB, every breath seems like a difficulty yet she let me to run physical examination and learn the auscultation sound of AF. She said:" I may not be able to get rid...
 (Total 90 words)
For your question, yes. Theres this one person who made me think that all hardships and learnings are all worth it. We had a patient in ICU who is very kind and made you feel appreciated. Even though that this patient had a hard time to express her f...
 (Total 170 words)
I had prevented the administration of wrong medication to a heart patient during my duty at hospital. She had very low BP 80/60 and she was going to take coversam 4/5 mg. While visiting her bed i had noticed her BP and seen the blister of coversam. T...
 (Total 107 words)
Like the others said, we have encountered many in our daily life and is really pretty tough to pick one single case that influence my life. However, every positivism signs of a patient showed to me on a negative day always make my day. Nevertheless t...
 (Total 77 words)
Community Manager no single patient case that influence me but many illness cases I faced in my work history.
I don't have big experiences but what really influence me is illness it...
 (Total 109 words)
Like the others here, I think it isn’t just a single patient but various encounters in the profession that made me realize that everything I learned was worth it. These are moments when I especially realize that I actually love being a pharmacist and...
 (Total 189 words)
I don't have one single patient who changed my outlook on career and life. I feel that it is a cumulative effect of many patients and how they touched my life. It is especially for patients I serve in medical outreach programs who make a differen...
 (Total 172 words)
All my patients are worth the hard work that I put into my education. In fact, I am chronically indebted to these patients for allowing me to learn about their illness, and their lives. It is always a privilege to be able to practice the healing art ...
 (Total 130 words)
Whenever I treat family, I feel that being a dentist and going through the grueling clinic years in College was all worth it. This is most especially true when I treat my parents--and when I was treating my dad (before he passed away). When I was alr...
 (Total 118 words)
I still remember the glimpse of an old man, smiling at me and bestowing his blessings. There was this one patient called Mr. Mansukh Padhiyar, whom I treated for a complete denture during my internship. I was not a master of this profession at that t...
 (Total 159 words)