General
Doctors Grow Ear on Patient's Arm

Doctors Grow Ear on Patient's Arm

Shared by:

Doctors have been growing an ear for transplant on a patient's arm. The man, identified only as Ji, was involved in a car accident where he lost his right ear a year ago. He has been receiving treatment from a reconstructive surgery expert, Guo Shuzhong of First Affiliated Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University in Xi'an, Shaanxi Province.

en.yibada.com

14 Nov 2016 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I too wondered after reading it, Chinese surgeon did a good job. It is relatively new to grow ear from rib cartilage. Patient met with an accident to whoom performed sur...
 (Total 51 words)
Wow. Such an amazing topic to tackle with. Plastic surgery is typically done to improve one’s appearance, which is also perceived as the primary benefit to the procedure. However, improving appearance is just one of many possible benefits plastic sur...
 (Total 74 words)
Initially I was like, "What?!? An ear on an arm?" But reading through the article, I realize that yes, Science has really completely made impossible things happen. In the past, if you lose a part of your body, that's it but reconstructi...
 (Total 100 words)
Inventions run science. This is definitely can be called as a miracle. Even though hearing is preserved most of the people who are with congenital developmental missings of the ear lobes suffer because of the cosmetic conciousness. I have seen that s...
 (Total 105 words)
Dear Theekshana Abayawickrama, it too felt it as funny about ear in arm but amazed about it is artificial made from ones part which is quite interest made me to post the topic. I hope being ...
 (Total 57 words)
Dear Alan Rosmadi, yes, it is the greatness of science and technology helping us to survive and ease life. It is wonder and we should thank to surgeon. I would like to thank your humanity t...
 (Total 46 words)
Haha the title of this article is funny and amazing at the same time. It's great how far we have come in terms of regaining functional capacity after debilitating illnesses and trauma. 10 years back, someone who lost a part of the body due to an ...
 (Total 107 words)
It is interesting to know that plastic surgery has extended their studies and made many things possible. Thanks to Science. It is tragic to find out that Ji lost his ear during an accident and thanks to these plastic surgeons, he can still look norma...
 (Total 155 words)
Chinese doctor Guo, a veteran doctor involved in the field of plastic surgery for more than three decades, along with his colleague, Shu Maoguo, came up with a reconstructive surgery plan to help their patient replace his lost ear using a portion of ...
 (Total 46 words)