General
Should Singaporean nurses feel threatened by the influx of foreign nurses?

Should Singaporean nurses feel threatened by the influx of foreign nurses?

Shared by:

Nurses have been an integral part of the healthcare industry in Singapore. They have constantly delivered under pressure in times of both peace and crisis. However, in recent times there have been an alarming number of vacancies left by Singaporean nurses, and this has resulted in an increasing number of foreign nurses being recruited in local hospitals and clinics. As such, this begs the question - should local nurses feel threatened by this phenomena?

today.mims.com

15 Nov 2016 - General

Advantages of local nurses in this article applies to ALL nurses - Not only local nurses. Just for your info. Yes, some are threatened and No, some are not.

Why i say this is because this is an issue that many local management and local nur...
 (Total 229 words)
Marinelle Castro you are feeling that not threatened because competent and expert individual can never think like threatened. DO you know I learned a lot of things from past 2 months which ...
 (Total 79 words)
Why feel threatened? The only reason why a person would feel professionally threatened is when he is questioning his own competency or expertise. I believe that people should look forward to having the opportunity to interact with professionals from ...
 (Total 133 words)
Habiba Twakkol many of times your views matches with Singapore nurses opinion. As you told language may be a problem when dealing with local people. But language problem may not be permanen...
 (Total 40 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, In my opinion I think we should not focus on such an issue, it is not a problem what is the nationality but the most impor...
 (Total 115 words)
Tahira Nawaz well said nurses are integral part of healthcare activity. But a raise in demand for nurses in Singapore increased due to lack of qualified professionals and increased patient ...
 (Total 64 words)
There is no doubt that nurses are integral part of health care industry in Singapore especially. They have constantly delivered under pressure in times of both peace and crisis. However, in recent times there have been an alarming number of vacancies...
 (Total 109 words)
recent times there have been an alarming number of vacancies left by Singaporean nurses and these vacancies have been the hardest to fill up2. This has resulted in an increasing number of foreign nurses being recruited in local hospitals and clinics....
 (Total 57 words)