General
Should Singaporean nurses feel threatened by the influx of foreign nurses?

Should Singaporean nurses feel threatened by the influx of foreign nurses?

Shared by:

Nurses have been an integral part of the healthcare industry in Singapore. They have constantly delivered under pressure in times of both peace and crisis. However, in recent times there have been an alarming number of vacancies left by Singaporean nurses, and this has resulted in an increasing number of foreign nurses being recruited in local hospitals and clinics. As such, this begs the question - should local nurses feel threatened by this phenomena?

today.mims.com

15 Nov 2016 - General

Advantages of local nurses in this article applies to ALL nurses - Not only local nurses. Just for your info. Yes, some are threatened and No, some are not.

Why i say this is because this is an issue that many local management and local nurses have brought up in an organisation.

Some fell threatened because they see a new face that would go all out just to be able to work in Singapore. What i meant go all out comes in many aspect. Many times i hear foreign colleagues who star...
 (Total 229 words)
Marinelle Castro you are feeling that not threatened because competent and expert individual can never think like threatened. DO you know I learned a lot of things from past 2 months which is more than my 5 years research experience by participating with discussions with you people. It gives me an immense pleasure to after knowing your opinions, feedback etc and I can able to know differences in and around the wo...
 (Total 79 words)
Why feel threatened? The only reason why a person would feel professionally threatened is when he is questioning his own competency or expertise. I believe that people should look forward to having the opportunity to interact with professionals from other countries because it may contribute to their professional growth. I understand that it can be intimidating, but I see more potential benefits rather than disadvantages. In the healthcare industry, a lot of people can actually be territorial esp...
 (Total 133 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, In my opinion I think we should not focus on such an issue, it is not a problem what is the nationality but the most important is doing the tasks right and focusing on developing and improving career.
The advantages mentioned in the article are very interesting and the most important in my opinion is the language barrier as in certain cases wi...
 (Total 115 words)
There is no doubt that nurses are integral part of health care industry in Singapore especially. They have constantly delivered under pressure in times of both peace and crisis. However, in recent times there have been an alarming number of vacancies left by Singaporean nurses and these vacancies have been the hardest to fill up. This has resulted in an increasing number of foreign nurses being recruited in local hospitals and clinics. Singapore is well known for its high standard services and p...
 (Total 109 words)