General
4 common drugs that should not be taken with alcohol

4 common drugs that should not be taken with alcohol

Shared by:

A large-scale national survey in 2011 revealed that alcohol consumption was more prevalent in Malaysia than many would have imagined. One in ten Malaysians consume alcohol, and more than 20% of this group practised risky drinking (1). In addition, the study indicated that people of all age groups in Malaysia have some form of drinking habits, though significantly lesser in those under the legal drinking age of 18, which was recently raised to 21.

today.mims.com

15 Nov 2016 - General

It is really needed to know about the drugs which should not be taken along with alcohol because some of the drugs will enhance the effects of alcohol and make the results worse and some of the drugs might become toxic to the body. As we know alcohol...
 (Total 112 words)
Ah the taking of Paracetamol or other over the counter analgesics for hangover headaches. That is way too common. I usually stop people and direct them to the water station to hydrate. It is a very common overseen problem as people believe that the h...
 (Total 106 words)
Wow, to start off with, I don't remember the part where drinking alcohol with medications was advised. I seriously do not agree with this article cause all it does is change your conception of taking medications. I would definitely agree with str...
 (Total 151 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz In older adults especially, alcohol use may increase the risk for falls, serious injury, and disability related to balance problems. Alcohol use also may trigger or worsen...
 (Total 104 words)
I guess should add in metronidazole to the list also. It is mandatory to counsel patients taking this antibiotics. I suppose anyone prescribing metronidazole to patients should always caution patients not to take alcohol during the course of antibiot...
 (Total 117 words)
I share the same situation with Tahira Nawaz . Thankfully, Alcohol is basically not present in our lifestyle at all. Being away from harmful habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking can ...
 (Total 145 words)
A good post you have posted about which all HCPs should think about prescribing medicine to an alcoholic. I came to know interaction between alcohol and Metformin. Which causing lactic acidosis which is new to me. It is better to enquire about patien...
 (Total 57 words)
Alcohol drinking is not good for the health in my personal views and alcohol drinking is not common in Pakistan, therefore, I have no exposure to it and will never have. But for alcohol drinker it is a very informative article and all alcohol drinker...
 (Total 109 words)
Interaction of drugs with other common medications, food and drinks that we everyday consume are often overlooked nowadays. We as doctors and other healthcare workers at least know that such a thing called drug interactions exists, but to the lay per...
 (Total 100 words)
I agree that such drug interactions with alcohol should be made known to the public, especially because a lot of analgesics and NSAIDs are bought over the counter and thus are readily accessible. Plus, these drugs are among the most commonly taken by...
 (Total 131 words)
Maybe I can also be guilty of this that after a hang over, we can't avoid during college days to have these hang overs the next day. We can't get out of bed after nonstop drinking session from dust to dawn, makes us experience any low grade f...
 (Total 95 words)
Awww. I agree with what Heena Pohani have said. This article must be shared to general population. Especially nowadays, alcohol intake is really common to everyone. There is no exception i ...
 (Total 90 words)
It is an informative post, not only for the doctors, pharmacists but also for the general population. There are many drugs mentioned in this article, still, I think it is very common for the public to take the analgesics like Non-steroidal anti-infla...
 (Total 139 words)
To alcohol drinkers, this is a list for drugs that you should stay away from when you have the intention to enjoy a glass. The problem is that mixing alcohol with many common medications can have surprisingly dangerous and awful side effects. More th...
 (Total 110 words)