General
The 3 benefits of meditation for healthcare professionals

The 3 benefits of meditation for healthcare professionals

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals work long hours and often face stressful situations. Research shows that meditation helps one to cope better with stress and healthcare professionals can stand to gain from the other benefits of meditation as well.

today.mims.com

15 Nov 2016 - General

Working as healthcare professionals is a real stressful task specially for those who work in an inward setting. Because there are so many rushes and hurries in a ward setting. I have experienced that feeling and that is too much of stress. So there should be a way to get a relief from that big stress in the work life. So as a stress relieving method, meditation has a high value. It will make your mind relaxed and take to you through a different path in your life. Reduced work stress will keep yo...
 (Total 108 words)
I think meditation for me is a way of calming ourselves and placing our state of mind into its tranquility. Maybe at times we are unconsciously unaware that we are practicing these at certain times most especially when we are in making decisions, stressful and toxic situations. We don't necessarily need to have a formal education to train our brain cella because we are the ones who knows our bodys best. Once we become to master the art of calming ourselves and taking control, this can make u...
 (Total 127 words)
Meditation is an approach to training the mind, similar to the way that fitness is an approach to training the body. Personally, i have not done meditation in my whole life but now, i am thinking to spend a little time for this kind of activity. As it was mentioned it is really helpful to meditate especially for us healthcare providers. The benefit of meditation is liberation of the mind from attachment to things it cannot control, such as external circumstances or strong internal emotions. The ...
 (Total 125 words)
Thank you, Tahira Nawaz for posting this topic. I believe meditation has many benefits and it can improve lifestyle and help to improve work-life balance in an easy way. However, the main thing is that it is difficult to follow, at least this is what I have experienced. Even if I start with meditation, I leave it after few days. But still, the benefits of meditation cannot be neglected. It makes us more compassio...
 (Total 171 words)
Meditation is an efficient therapy to stay calm and less stressful and in healthcare care organizations, it is a good habit for all healthcare providers especially for nurses to relieve stress and fatigue after long working hour. Nurses can do it easily in hospitals and homes especially when they lose strength to continue their work. Meditation is also helpful in improving problem solving and decision making ability, helpful in developing compassion and empathy, and some experts have said that m...
 (Total 102 words)