General
Going Green: How to be an eco-friendly healthcare professional

Going Green: How to be an eco-friendly healthcare professional

Shared by:

You have probably seen numerous posters and campaigns promoting environmental awareness around, and heard environmentalists urging for more eco-friendly practices on the news numerous times. Everyone has a part to play when it comes to saving the planet, and it does not take extraordinary effort or a lot of time to be environmentally friendly. As a healthcare professional, you can be part of this “Go Green” effort by simply making a few changes at work and spread awareness to your colleagues.

today.mims.com

16 Nov 2016 - General

Saving the earth - a phrase we always use but have not done a good job about it. We all have a part to play. I am not pointing fingers here, I am also blaming and reminding myself cause i know i tend to do stupid things like smoking or not throwing thrash in their designated recycling bins. The phrase Reuse-Reduce-Recycle is also a well know phrase used worldwide and many countries have made many campaigns to promote this practice and encourage consumers, like us, to practice it. What they shoul...
 (Total 151 words)
Heena Pohani I have the same observation here. There is too much unnecessary paperwork and documentation that leads to wastage of paper. I am not sure how this will be curbed because hospitals are becoming stricter with their policies on documentation. A lot of healthcare administrators believe that the more documentation there is, the better the healthcare service. Aside from consumption of paper, it is also cos...
 (Total 108 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article to be discussed,
Going green is a responsibility we should all carry and implement to gain good result for us in the future and for our generations.
The ministry of environment should set rules to guide people how to be eco friendly and aware them the hazards of not going green.
The environmental pollution is everywhere and we will be the only reason ...
 (Total 116 words)
One of the industries that have come under the radar for contributing toxic waste and pollution is the healthcare sector. Significantly in recent years, hospitals have stepped up efforts to cut down on their waste and pollution to contribute to a greener world. One of the biggest challenges for healthcare units and hospitals today is safe disposal of equipment that leads to a release of hazardous substances. Cathode ray tubes (CRTs), LCD displays, computers and cable wiring are some of the most ...
 (Total 146 words)
Going green can be done by anyone in any setting. For health care professionals who tend to have very hectic schedules, I think one of the significant areas where we can cut down would be the use of plastic utensils. Many of us tend to do take-outs from food shops due to the convenience and the time saved preparing our own food, however, this comes with a large amount of plastic waste, not to mention styrofoam food containers. I’ve seen some of my colleagues bring their own reusable food contain...
 (Total 152 words)
Our world has become overly populated. In line with this, the usage of plastics and other wastage are increasing. Moreover proper waste segregation should be given importance for us at least contribute to our mother earth. Time will come that we can no longer swim through rivers and oceans, even we can no longer breathe for air. We can start by going green by properly segragating the biodegrable from nonbiodegradable, sharps from vials to ampules. And as of now, our hospital is conducting a go g...
 (Total 96 words)
In this era when population and global warming are on a steep rise, it is important for each and every citizen to adopt an eco-friendly way of living. The ideas and suggestions mentioned in this article are quite helpful for a healthcare professional who wants to set an eco-friendly practice. The most important thing that I have noticed in the health clinics and health set-ups in India is the wastage of paper. It is wise to use recycled paper so that the load on the environment can be reduced. A...
 (Total 158 words)